Forbes Top 20 Most Valuable Teams

Arkansas?

Yeah that one surprised me too, especially considering how putrid the Razorbacks have been recently. But if they're still making money and are amongst the nation's most profitable programs, they must be doing something right I guess.

Listening to Maturi, you'd think the Gopher athletic program is the poorest in the nation.

Listening to Maturi, you'd think the Gopher athletic program is the poorest in the nation.

You have to remember Maturi has to cover the cost of the swimming team's trips to Hawaii, the baseball/softball team's spring training in Florida, the golf teams extended stays in Arizona etc.etc. How else can he win the all sports trophy (what ever it's called) year after year.

Arkansas has a semi new arena in Bud Walton which is quite large I think roughly 20000 I believe(I don't feel like look it up right now) Also there isn't any other major college sports team or big 4 pro sports in the state which means most to all of the sports dollar ends up going to the Razorbacks. To boot the University is located in NW Arkansas which happens to be the HQ of our national largest retailer in Walmart, largest chicken company Tyson, and one of our largest trucking companies in JB Hunt. That's alot of corporate dollars for only one sports entity.

I was pretty damn surprised that we were ahead of Michigan State. I bet they sell a lot of those white izzone t shirts.

Yeah, somehow 6th in the Big Ten doesn't seem right for MSU.

Then again, what do I know about college hoops.... I had about 5 correct picks in the whole bracket this year.

Top Bottom