Reaction score
PG - C. Joseph, A. Nolen, J. Cobbs, B. Allen
SG - D. Joseph, A. Hollins
SF - B. Hoffarber, R. Williams
PF - T. Mbakwe, M. Walker, D. Dawson
C - C. Iverson, R. Sampson, E. Eliason

Choose your line-up
Think about
Nolen, Hoff, Walker, Iverson, RSIII.... Imagine trying to score against that...And Colt 45 and RSIII passing out to Hoff and Mo for open threes...

This team contends for the Big Ten Title and goes to, at the very least, the Sweet Sixteen.

Go Gophers!

A 6'10" 300lb SF? I can't imagine that.

If you are really talking "dream team", imo you swap out Cobbs for Royce on this roster.

PG - C. Joseph, A. Nolen, J. Cobbs, B. Allen
SG - D. Joseph, A. Hollins
SF - B. Hoffarber, R. Williams
PF - T. Mbakwe, M. Walker, D. Dawson
C - C. Iverson, R. Sampson, E. Eliason

Choose your line-up
Think about
Nolen, Hoff, Walker, Iverson, RSIII.... Imagine trying to score against that...And Colt 45 and RSIII passing out to Hoff and Mo for open threes...

This team contends for the Big Ten Title and goes to, at the very least, the Sweet Sixteen.

Go Gophers!

It would be silly to put that group in at the same time. I'd push the fast break until they cried uncle.

I know it is his senior year and all, but I have to believe Hoffarber would be better off coming off of the bench as the six man.

A 6'10" 300lb SF? I can't imagine that.

If you are really talking "dream team", imo you swap out Cobbs for Royce on this roster.

Ok, ok, it's a reach to play Mo at SF. But that 2-3 zone with him and the twin towers would be hard to drive against. My point is that this team has plenty of lethal line-up combinations.

More importantly.. STOP TRASHING COBBS. He's on your team.

You try playing D1 PG as freshman and have your starter go out mid-season. Cobbs got thrown in the lake. Give him a break. I predict a good sophomore season for Justin. People trashed Colton too for making mistakes and looked silly when he matured.

AND it's not some game where we have to pick either Cobbs or White. (who, last time I checked, left the team and university voluntarily, no one forced him to go, he was asked to practice with the team)

If it works out to have White join the team again, great.

Though I would caution you to remember that players are not just 3/4/5 stars next to names on scout.com.

They're young men with dreams and desires and problems.

I like the character of the team that Tubby is creating.

Take a deep breath. I have no issues with Cobbs, but you are talking about a dream team. I'd prefer White over Cobbs...it's that simple. Plus, Cobbs would hardly see the floor if CJ and Nolen are on the team.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we essentially have 5 open scholarships this year? Bostick, Johnson, Westbrook and Carter are gone...also Royce's scholarship. So we add Eliason, Hollins, hopefully Joseph and Walker....thus leaving Royce's still open???

My Dream Team

PG - Cory Joseph
SG - Devoe Joseph
SF - Royce White
PF - Trever Mbakwe
C - Coltan Iverson

Bench in Order
Blake Hoffarber
Al Nolan
Rodney Williams
Ralph Sampson
Maurice Walker

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we essentially have 5 open scholarships this year? Bostick, Johnson, Westbrook and Carter are gone...also Royce's scholarship. So we add Eliason, Hollins, hopefully Joseph and Walker....thus leaving Royce's still open???

Yep, with Carter leaving, assuming that Tubby uses the scholarship this year, we've got an opening. It looks like the coaching staff is working hard to fill it.

I think he must have gotten Mo confused with either Cory or Devoe. Those two would be knocking down some treys.

If you watch some of his highlights you'll see he has range out to at least the high school 3.

I think he must have gotten Mo confused with either Cory or Devoe. Those two would be knocking down some treys.

Mo can hit the trey.

I was half-jokingly putting forth a giant "situational" line-up. It's ok. We don't have to play them together.

I think I caught less crap for calling Thad Matta a pr_ck.

But Mo can shoot.

Our high-low with one of the bigs left open for the 12 foot jumper is gonna rock.

My Dream Team

PG - Cory Joseph
SG - Devoe Joseph
SF - Royce White
PF - Trever Mbakwe
C - Coltan Iverson

Bench in Order
Blake Hoffarber
Al Nolan
Rodney Williams
Ralph Sampson
Maurice Walker

Love it, but personally I swap Sampson for Iverson for the sake of athletic ability.

My Dream Team

PG - Cory Joseph
SG - Devoe Joseph
SF - Royce White
PF - Trever Mbakwe
C - Coltan Iverson

Where is there a consistent outside scorer? The Josephs are streaky shooters (read: erratic) at this stage of their development and that frontline has the touch of 3 water buffaloes. This is another 9-9 team, IMO.

Where is there a consistent outside scorer? The Josephs are streaky shooters (read: erratic) at this stage of their development and that frontline has the touch of 3 water buffaloes. This is another 9-9 team, IMO.

Joseph, Joseph, Royce, Mbakwe, Colton at 9-9?? That is insane. If Cory and Royce come to Minnesota, and Mbakwe is cleared, this team is challenging Michigan State and OSU for the big ten championship, assuming Johnson leaves Purdue, which I think he will. Cory is an absolute stud, and Devoe is evolving into the leader of our team. If Royce doesn't come back, Hoff gets the nod, and our offense could flourish, especially when we replace Colton with Ralph. Defensively, Hoff has proven he can hold his own on the glass, and Mbakwe is arguably the best rebounder in the conference, even at 6' 8".

There is no way that lineup isn't better than the lineup we had this year and the year before that went 9-9. I guess that's a lot of players unproven at the D1 level, but I still say they're better than 9-9.

Mbakwe is arguably the best rebounder in the conference, even at 6' 8".

Seems comical to say this when he has yet to play a single game in the conference, or at a D1 level in two years...

But, it's possible. I hope to find out next year if this is close to true.

I have seen many big men who could shoot the three in high school. That doesnt mean they become good shooters in college, with someone similar sized on them. Or for that matter that a coach would want a 300 pounder on the three pt line.

Seems comical to say this when he has yet to play a single game in the conference, or at a D1 level in two years...

Definitely reasonable, but he still practices at a D1 level, and we've heard about his dominance at gopher practices. I remember my amazement at the tip off last fall, he is an incredible athlete with an enormous wingspan and quite the vertical. Obviously we've never seen him play big ten basketball, but I'm very optimistic about what Trevor can do for us defensively.

I've pretty much written Royce off but if we're talking about a Dream Team he'd be on it
Starters
PG - Cory Joseph
SG - Devoe Joseph
SF - White
PF - Mbakwe
C - RSIII -him over Colton simply because I don't want to strictly paint/inside scorers

Pressure/length/athletic lineup
PG - Nolen
SG - Hollins
SF - Williams
PF - White
C - Mbakwe

2nd Team
PG - Nolen
SG - Cobbs
SF - Williams
PF - White/Mbakwe (would've been Carter)
C - Iverson

Shooters
PG - Cory Joseph
SG - Devoe Joseph
SF - Hoffarber
PF - White
C - RSIII/Walker

Big
PG - Cory Joseph
SG - Williams
SF - Mbakwe
PF - RSIII
C - Iverson

So this is probably a rumor, but i was listening to KFan about a month ago and Spenser Tollackson was eating dinner with.. i think they said Tubby and someone over heard them talking about Cory Joseph and they were saying he was leaning towards UConn. Obviously i dont know how reliable the caller was and he could easily change is mind especially if walker commit. but i thought id let everyone know

My Dream Team for 2010 -2011:
Starters:
Kalin Lucas
LaceDarius Dunn
Gordon Hayward
Harrison Barnes
Rick Jackson

Bench:
Brandon Knight
Kyle Singler
Robbie Hummel
Jared Sullinger
Curtis Kelly

Big Men are kind of a weak spot in the NCAA right now...

Top Bottom