Cory Joseph Interview (Nike Hoops Summit)

cfield23

Reaction score
Did anyone catch what he said during the interview? I tuned in when he was done and the announcers said "we'll be anxiously awaiting his decision" but then they said they were surprised he didn't mention Minnesota!?!?!?!

I tuned in at the exact same time. Not sure what he said.

Did anyone catch what he said during the interview? I tuned in when he was done and the announcers said "we'll be anxiously awaiting his decision" but then they said they were surprised he didn't mention Minnesota!?!?!?!

Just another example of announcers not listening...he did mention Minnesota, along with the four other schools he has always been touting, UNLV, Villinova, Texas, UCONN. No new insight yet though.

Just another example of announcers not listening...he did mention Minnesota, along with the four other schools he has always been touting, UNLV, Villinova, Texas, UCONN. No new insight yet though.

Thanks upnortgopherfan....

That's a relief. I thought he might've cut down teams when they said that. I'm glad he's sticking to his same 5 I guess.

Seems the media is having a hard time with gopher related information this year. When I was watching the Hoops Summit and they said that after Joseph clearly stated the same five, it reminded me of CBS and the "Gophers beating the Buckeyes without Evan Turner" stuff...This was similarly frustrating.

I watched the game live Saturday night. I haven't watched the replay, but I'm almost positive that the Gophers were the 2nd team mentioned...after UNLV. I was surprised when the announcer(Steve Physioc) commented that Minnesota wasn't mentioned by Joseph.
If anyone needs to catch the replay, the game is on another FSN channel now and it's scheduled 3 times on Monday, once on Tuesday.

Yes he did mention Minnesota second after UNLV, but it seems he has been having fun mixing these five around in most of his interviews that he has had. Seems like hes doing a great job keeping everyone guessing. Just hope we can land him. Go Gophs

Top Bottom