Maurice Walker's Facebook Status

GopherLady

Reaction score
I think you know I have probably posted about 2 FB statuses on here (ever - one was that Eric Decker's surgery went well), because I just don't like to spread rumors and gossip that can be misinterpreted - but I did want to post this, because it's positive, and not too personal or anything:
Maurice Walker had maddd fun on my visit 2 minnesota...it was just like home...now time to sit back relax and get this over with

Great to hear!

glady

I think you know I have probably posted about 2 FB statuses on here (ever - one was that Eric Decker's surgery went well), because I just don't like to spread rumors and gossip that can be misinterpreted - but I did want to post this, because it's positive, and not too personal or anything:

Great to hear!

Thanks for the update. You have been one of those I was hoping to hear something from. That does sound up beat.

Hopefully he realizes how much he is wanted here.

Go Gophers.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly for EE and AH, Tubby gives the family time to talk things over and think it through. He then follows-up with a visit and the recruit generally signs at the visit. Would hope that Tubby will be flying to Toronto later this week with a LOI for Mo. Cory's trip didn't go this way because Cory was not ready to sign.

That's awesome....6'10", 300# C's don't just grow on trees or that would be one short forest!!!

Thanks!

If I remember correctly for EE and AH, Tubby gives the family time to talk things over and think it through. He then follows-up with a visit and the recruit generally signs at the visit. Would hope that Tubby will be flying to Toronto later this week with a LOI for Mo. Cory's trip didn't go this way because Cory was not ready to sign.

I like that. I really don't like the coaches that put the full-court press (no pun intended) on kids, and force them into a decision. It's one of the biggest decisions a kid makes, and if you aren't confident enough to have them talk to their parents, and make an educated choice - it's probably not a good fit.

How does this work since Mo already had his in-home visit? I don't think you can have 2, can you? Either way, I like giving them time to talk about this with their families.

Edit - sorry, I mis-read your comment. I don't think the recruit ever really signs at the visit - I know last year, all the guys faxed it in, that's how they all come in on the same day (just like FB signing day). I do like that Tubby doesn't force a verbal on the spot.

Thanks much for the info GL! Now I can stop obsessively checking Gopherhole. I think that has to be good news.

How does this work since Mo already had his in-home visit? I don't think you can have 2, can you? Either way, I like giving them time to talk about this with their families.

My guess is that the family was given the paperwork, and they would need to fax the signed LOI back to the basketball office, if in fact Maurice decides to cast his lot with the Golden Gophers.

Man, I sure hope that happens! And then I think we all know what we'd like to have happen next. ;)

STOP OBSESSIVELY CHECKING GOPHERHOLE??
Oh, please!
Thanks for the great post, GL, but the obsession continues! :)

Text with Mo...

Since it seems like you guys may be just a little intersted in hearing more (haha), I just texted him a few questions:

GH: How did you visit go?
MW: It was good, I had lots of fun

GH: What did you like the best?
MW: Chillin' with the guys on the team and seeing the campus

GH: When do you think you will decide?
MW: Wednesday is the beginning of signing period, so by then

So, at least we won't have to wait long to hear his final choice!

Awesome news, great post. I have been checking GH non stop all day looking for information like this. I have a great feeling about Walker joining the team.

Thanks for the post!

Thanks!

Actually the LOI is mailed to the recruit. The coach cannot be present because the LOI period is generally a dead (no contact) period for recruiting.

Is it really mailed or is it faxed? That would really suck to have it lost in the mail lol

I like Mo after hearing his audio interview. Hard worker, good attitude, a gym rat, I'm excited about his potential signing.

dang, sounds like my prediction will be off by a few days. Said that Walker would commit sunday night after a phenominal visit here and Cory would follow suit on monday. Oh well, looks like the cards are falling into place regardless.

GO GOPHERS!

Edit - oops, meant Walker. been a long weekend

dang, sounds like my prediction will be off by a few days. Said that Williams would commit sunday night after a phenominal visit here and Cory would follow suit on monday. Oh well, looks like the cards are falling into place regardless.

GO GOPHERS!

Who's Williams?

GL.... thanks for the update. Positive sign. Can't wait for Wednesday to make it official.

Thanks!

You could not be any more wrong.

Top Bottom