Shooter says...Tubby quote on Trevor and Royce...

Reaction score
How did we miss this comment hidden deep in a Vikings report?........

By Charley Walters
[email protected]
Updated: 04/06/2010 03:15:27 PM CDT

Monday night's 61-59 NCAA basketball championship loss to Duke ended Butler's 25-game winning streak. Butler's first loss of the season was to the University of Minnesota, 82-73, last
November in a tournament in Anaheim, Calif.

"We caught them early in the season," Gophers coach Tubby Smith said. "We had our chances this year. But we dealt with a lot of distractions. If we had jelled a little sooner ... we were always teetering and tottering.

"We lost a lot of close games."

Smith shook his head, pointing to two overtime losses, three one-point losses and a five-point loss to Miami.

Smith said junior Trevor Mbakwe, suspended this season while awaiting trial for an alleged felony assault, continues with individual Gophers workouts and, if cleared, is expected to play next season.

As for freshman Royce White, who never played because of legal problems and eventually left school, Smith said, "I don't know what Royce is going to do. We wish him the best."

Yeah, that quote pretty much sums it up. For anyone still talking about Royce waiting to make his comeback or Tubby working to get him back, that should put an end to it. As always, Tubby sums it up perfectly. What more can you do with the kid at this point than wish him the best?

Very encouraging on the Trevor side of things though. Really hope he's innocent. I'm pulling for him in a big way.

Waiting for a post blaming Maturi.

I Liked These Quotes

"We caught them early in the season," Gophers coach Tubby Smith said. "We had our chances this year. But we dealt with a lot of distractions. If we had jelled a little sooner ... we were always teetering and tottering.

"We lost a lot of close games." Smith shook his head, pointing to two overtime losses, three one-point losses and a five-point loss to Miami.

That fairly sums up the season. Good but not as good as it w/c/s been.

Top Bottom