SF a huge need for 2010 now?

EG#9

Reaction score
With Damian Johnson (6'7) and Paul Carter (6'8) leaving the program, Tubby is left with only Rodney Williams as that type of long, athletic, multiple position player. I don't think we can press effectively without another Johnson/Carter type on the roster. I also think our defense as a whole will suffer significantly without a better option on the wing. Outside of Rodney, our next option on the wing is probably Blake Hoffarber at 6'4. I hope the staff is looking to the JUCO ranks to see if there is a wing still available.

If Nolen comes back..we can press. Without him OR of long athletic type..then its much more difficult. Nolen's return is huge for next year. His defense is critical.

With Damian Johnson (6'7) and Paul Carter (6'8) leaving the program, Tubby is left with only Rodney Williams as that type of long, athletic, multiple position player. I don't think we can press effectively without another Johnson/Carter type on the roster. I also think our defense as a whole will suffer significantly without a better option on the wing. Outside of Rodney, our next option on the wing is probably Blake Hoffarber at 6'4. I hope the staff is looking to the JUCO ranks to see if there is a wing still available.

Do you mean another in addition to Rodney? Because Rodney has more than enough length and athleticism to be effective in the press. He was very disruptive at times this year and I think he could be great in pressing situations.

Not a major problem IMO.

Last season we played 3 guards most of the time anyway. Yes we dont have a traditional 3 other than Williams but how much is that going to be needed anyway? If we start two of the bigs together with Williams, Joseph, and Hoffarber I dont see it being a big problem one way or the other. If Mbakwe is able to play it will make it less of a problem. That being said several SFs with some skill are still available if needed.

Top Bottom