Elliott Eliason and Austin Hollins to be teammates in All Star game in Memphis

Game can be watched live this Saturday at:

http://gohssn.com/

Austin's teammate and O.J.'s little brother Todd Mayo is also in the event, and I believe two of Cory Joseph's teammates are as well (Okonji and Petrovic).

GW - OT

GW,

Off-topic but you previously mentioned Oto Osenieks. Is he scheduled to visit?

Thanks Reserve for the new thread on information already posted. Just what we need, more threads about the same topic.

I've done plenty of reading on these two, glad we finally get to see them play.

GW,

Off-topic but you previously mentioned Oto Osenieks. Is he scheduled to visit?

Yes - Oto this weekend (i.e. 4/10)

9194Gophs said:
Thanks Reserve for the new thread on information already posted. Just what we need, more threads about the same topic.

Reserve says, 'Marcus is just a twittering fool'. Funny.. last night Marcus tweeted that McCombs wasn't coming... I sent him a message saying, 'yeah, I posted that on gopherhole.com a couple weeks ago'. I think he's checking out the message board this morning. If you look at the time of my post that lists how to watch the game and that two of Cory's Findlay buddies are playing, then compare them to the time of the latest Marcus tweets, it sure looks like our friend is checking out GopherHole.com today.

Which is great! Or maybe it's just coincidence.

Cure

he checks it every day

Amongst the various fans, trolls, and knuckleheads (myself included), there are some folks that post here that actually are a good source of information!

It would not surprise me if the "real" media keeps tabs on the GH.

JG - FWIW

Oto is Not visiting MN

FWIW Myron said today, April 8, in the strib:

"...the Gophers continue to recruit forwards. Maurice Walker (three stars on scout.com), a 6-10, 270-pound post player from Canada who plays at Brewster Academy (N.H.), and Oto Osenieks, a 6-9, 210-pound forward from Latvia who plays for Brehm Prep (Carbondale, Ill.), will visit Minnesota this weekend."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

GI has also said Oto is visiting this weekend.

As of tonight, Walker is the only official visit.
The staff will get together friday and discuss what direction they want to take recruiting and Oto will be part of that discussion and its possible they will bring him up for Saturday but nothing set.

The staff will get together friday and discuss what direction they want to take recruiting and Oto will be part of that discussion and its possible they will bring him up for Saturday but nothing set.

What kind of recruiting is that? How hard it it to sit down and talk with the kid and have someone show him the campus? He's suppose to just wait by the phone?

If I didn't hear you were such a credible source I would say you were covering your tracks so Myron doesn't get the best of you when Oto shows up on Saturday.

4/10 was the plan for Oto. As of this morning, the current plan is that Oto will now visit a week from today (4/16).

I'm sure gonna lose alot of sleep over myron or anyone else getting the best of me, i really couldn't care less, I just reported the information I was told. Let's just say that there is not a consensus among the staff as to whether Oto is Big Ten material.

JG

Thanks JG. These things can seem pretty fluid!

:)

I just traded "tweets" with Dan Wolken of the Commercial Appeal in Memphis as he was tweeting live at the Jack Jones Shootout. I asked him how our boys looked and here is his response:

"Hollins was good; does so much stuff that doesn't show up on box score. Didn't really notice Eliason much."

Go Gophers!!

I just traded "tweets" with Dan Wolken of the Commercial Appeal in Memphis as he was tweeting live at the Jack Jones Shootout. I asked him how our boys looked and here is his response:

"Hollins was good; does so much stuff that doesn't show up on box score. Didn't really notice Eliason much."

Go Gophers!!

I wouldnt dig too much into that about Eliason, it is an All Star which means probably very few post plays and a lot of perimeter play.

On gameday the online broadcast didn't happen due to difficulties with a certain cable company (at least according to HSSN)... but, it's now online and available to watch at your leisure...

gohssn.com

I've only watched the first quarter... nothing too impressive. Hollins (#20) and Elliot (#50) in the blue uniforms... video quality isn't great.. don't get Kirk (big white kid that started,...New Mex commit the Gophers were on) confused with Eliason.

Top Bottom