Dwight McCombs will not make visit to Minnesota

Huh? How many 6-8 240lb PF's do we have? Zilch, the last time I looked. Maybe Tubby wouldn't give him any PT guarantees.

He knows Mo is visiting this weekend and is the priority. Pretty cut and dry. Can't lost Mo at this point.

This vs. Next

It says he was scheduled "next" weekend. Was that the weekend of the 11th or the weekend of the 18th?

Just curious.

He knows Mo is visiting this weekend and is the priority. Pretty cut and dry. Can't lost Mo at this point.

Walker isn't the issue. Back on 3/24/10 I had posted about him not coming when it was reported that he was coming on April 16.

Gopher Warrior said:
As for Dwight McCombs, I think he'll be playing for the Maroon & Gold.. of ASU.

6'8" big guy, helluva year in JUCO this year in IL - 22 pts, 13 boards, 5 blocks. Chicago kid (2007), went to Miami of Ohio... didn't get the Wally S. treatment. Played little, got pissed. Redshirted sophomore year, this is his first year of JUCO. Two years of eligibility left.

He was going to visit Minnesota the weekend of April 16, but now is planning to go to ASU where his buddy Brandon Dunson has committed (and will be visiting that same weekend... Dunson is another JUCO) on the 16th. The weekend before he was planning to visit Arkansas. But, he could be an ASU commit before April rolls around.

I think Mo was known to be heavily interested prior to 3/24. This time of year is very fluid, teams pull back on recruiting some guys and heat up on others. I think thats playing out here.

Anybody have good insight on the differences in each players game?

Last Scholarship?

After CJ signs, what do the Gophers do with their last scholarship?

1. Save for Royce
2. Dwight McCombs - is he really not interested?
3. Michael Haynes - Rivals indicates Gophers have offered - does not show any visits taken yet
4. Oto Osenieks - rated 73 ESPN - is he going to visit or not?
5. "Steal" someone from Iowa (kick them while they are down) Brust or Larson
6. Some other JC player
7. Save for next year - will only have 2 seniors (Blake and Al) - could be a backup for #1 above

I assume you think Mbakwe and Nolen will be back. If all this happens the team would still need a scorer at the small forward spot. Maybe White. Maybe someone else. Right now Williams is the only one at this position. I hope we see less of the 3 guard offense.

Top Bottom