Nova and Cory

Kaaz

Reaction score
Now this is team chemistry..

"Apparently Corey Fisher got Scottie's girlfriend pregnant. There were several fist fights that occurred outside of practice and the team as a whole chose sides, the DC/Maryland kids against the NYC/NJ kids. All of this happened around December/January, right when the team imploded. Apparently Jay Wright wants the whole issue gone and despite Scottie's graduation thinks it would be best for the team if Fisher transferred. This would allow him to give Wayns the minutes he needs/deserves and be a huge bonus for Corey Joseph to sign with Nova."

http://deadspin.com/5511973/villanova-syracuse-and-the-case-of-the-impregnated-girlfriends

Don't know how much truth there is to this- maybe someone on here has a friend that goes to Nova and could fill us in? Nevertheless, it did seem odd that Villanova suddenly collapsed and Reynolds and Fisher both got benched for the start of the NCAA tourney.

I don't find this situation appealing to Cory, though. A team that basically splits into two midseason is not the ideal group of guys you'd want to play with for 6 months.

Just another reason why he shouldn't go to Villanova. If Mo Walker commits this weekend (which I think he will) I will be extremely surprised if Cory doesn't sign with us.

Now this is team chemistry..

"Apparently Corey Fisher got Scottie's girlfriend pregnant. There were several fist fights that occurred outside of practice and the team as a whole chose sides, the DC/Maryland kids against the NYC/NJ kids. All of this happened around December/January, right when the team imploded. Apparently Jay Wright wants the whole issue gone and despite Scottie's graduation thinks it would be best for the team if Fisher transferred. This would allow him to give Wayns the minutes he needs/deserves and be a huge bonus for Corey Joseph to sign with Nova."

http://deadspin.com/5511973/villanova-syracuse-and-the-case-of-the-impregnated-girlfriends

Don't know how much truth there is to this- maybe someone on here has a friend that goes to Nova and could fill us in? Nevertheless, it did seem odd that Villanova suddenly collapsed and Reynolds and Fisher both got benched for the start of the NCAA tourney.

I don't find this situation appealing to Cory, though. A team that basically splits into two midseason is not the ideal group of guys you'd want to play with for 6 months.

Happened at UK a few years ago, too. Pretty much the same story there.

Very sad to hear teammates acting like this toward one another.

and things are just fine and dandy here in Minnesota? IIRC, there has been plnety of drama around here as well lately.

and things are just fine and dandy here in Minnesota? IIRC, there has been plnety of drama around here as well lately.

I must have missed something. What has happened to our team re: teammates going after each other?

I must have missed something. What has happened to our team re: teammates going after each other?

Westbrook/Nolen earlier this year.

I really don't think this has a lot to do with Cory's recruitment though. Although I definitely thought it said Cory Joseph had gotten Reynolds' girlfriend pregnant the first 3 or so times I read through this. Now THAT would have some effect.

The difference is that our team rebounded nicely at the end of the season by making the B10 tournament final and getting in to the NCAA tourney. This would be a big selling point to a potential recruit to how our team survived the drama.

Bracket buster

Good Grief!

How did I NOT know this crap before I picked Nova to go to the championship game?

:mad:

Westbrook/Nolen earlier this year.

I really don't think this has a lot to do with Cory's recruitment though. Although I definitely thought it said Cory Joseph had gotten Reynolds' girlfriend pregnant the first 3 or so times I read through this. Now THAT would have some effect.

That'd be one hell of a recruiting visit. I mean I've heard of Gator Getters and whatever the Vols have, but that's a whole 'nother level.

Do any of you realize that this is a hoax? If you don't believe it's false, check Deadspin again - they have another article dedicated to clearing that up.

LOL at Me !

Do any of you realize that this is a hoax? If you don't believe it's false, check Deadspin again - they have another article dedicated to clearing that up.

Ha !

Either way, I been had! Either I had Nova way over rated and/or Nova had "team-building" issues I was unaware of.

Note to self, no Nova in my 2011 brackets.

:mad:

Top Bottom