Trevor Mbakwe

gopherfan3

Reaction score
his hearing is scheduled for Thursday (4/8/2010) morning at 9. With the basketball season now over and witnesses (Darnell Dodson and Matthew Dunn--former coach) not occupied with practice/games, Is this finally going to get taken care of? :confused:

I sure hope so! it has been drug out way too long!!

his hearing is scheduled for Thursday (4/8/2010) morning at 9. With the basketball season now over and witnesses (Darnell Dodson and Matthew Dunn--former coach) not occupied with practice/games, Is this finally going to get taken care of? :confused:

I sure hope so! it has been drug out way too long!!

I think it is wishful thinking that anything comes from his hearing on Thursday. Hopefully it gets dropped, but the way this case has been handled I don't expect anything other than to hear that it gets re-scheduled for sometime this summer.

From what we've heard, Trevor should probably be alright. But, I would never be too sure when you're dealing with the South and their version of a justice system.

I think its a joke that a coach and player can't take one day to help someone out during the season.

From what we've heard, Trevor should probably be alright. But, I would never be too sure when you're dealing with the South and their version of a justice system.

Maybe. But this is Miami (Dade County). Miami may be South but, it's not "the South".

Maybe. But this is Miami (Dade County). Miami may be South but, it's not "the South".

Exactly. It's sad to say, but it'd be much different if he was facing charges in rural Mississippi.

Very true. People from Miami get offended if you lump them in with Georgia, Missisippi, etc. However, thier legal system is a joke for different reasons.

Not that I'm a friend of his or anything, but I saw him and some of his buddies at Brothers downtown on Saturday night. They were drinking and having a great time. Maybe celebrating something? Let's hope!

Ask Jim Morrison what he thinks about the "good ole boy" legal system in Dade County...ooops, he's dead, but my point stands.;)

According to a recent tweet by Myron - TM's lawyer states the trial will not begin tomorrow

According to a recent tweet by Myron - TM's lawyer states the trial will not begin tomorrow

Myron also had a tweet from the DA that they feel 'very strong about thier case.' OK. Get it to trial already. It's really getting ridiculous. Hypothetical (I hope) if this is STILL not resolved come October, does Maturi let him play? I think at that point you'd have to call the bluff of the Miami legal system and let him get on with his life. But this is Maturi we're talking about.

Myron also had a tweet from the DA that they feel 'very strong about thier case.' OK. Get it to trial already. It's really getting ridiculous. Hypothetical (I hope) if this is STILL not resolved come October, does Maturi let him play? I think at that point you'd have to call the bluff of the Miami legal system and let him get on with his life. But this is Maturi we're talking about.

Huh? Mbakwe's counsel is the reason for the delay. Where is the bluff? This is serious business, kiddo. But, there has been zero change for months and months. Obviously the U can't let him play if the charges remain based on their stance this year.

(PS - their, not thier... i before e except after c isn't always the rule)

Typo...

Huh? Mbakwe's counsel is the reason for the delay. Where is the bluff? This is serious business, kiddo. But, there has been zero change for months and months. Obviously the U can't let him play if the charges remain based on their stance this year.

(PS - their, not thier... i before e except after c isn't always the rule)

Top Bottom