NCAA Championship

mnboiler

Resident Purdue Expert
Reaction score
Did anyone else seem to think the end of National Championship game was exciting but with Duke winning it took all the possible excitement out the end. It sucked out all the energy out of having such a great game. That tourny could have gone down as the GREATEST EVER but with Duke winning to me it's just another NCAA tourny.

BTW, did anyone else think that Zoubek might have fouled Howard on that rebound with about 47 seconds left.

hate duke. Haywards last 2 shots could not have been any closer and not gone in. It just was not meant to be

QUIT YOUR CRYING!!! The refs let them play, there were calls and no calls on both ends. People's hatred for Duke is over the top but yet these same people don't hate the Tar Heels. Why would the NCAA want Duke to win when everyone else in the country wanted Butlers fairy tale ending.

Hayward had every chance to make that bucket instead of driving he did a jump shot fade away. Why can't you just admit it was a great game without throwing the refs into the conversation.

QUIT YOUR CRYING!!! The refs let them play, there were calls and no calls on both ends. People's hatred for Duke is over the top but yet these same people don't hate the Tar Heels. Why would the NCAA want Duke to win when everyone else in the country wanted Butlers fairy tale ending.

Hayward had every chance to make that bucket instead of driving he did a jump shot fade away. Why can't you just admit it was a great game without throwing the refs into the conversation.

Were you watching the game. Howard had Zoubek boxed out. Then he comes in with a swim move and pulls Howard to the ground. Please explain to me how that isn't a foul. I'm all for playing on right in that sitution but it was so clear Zoubek pulled him to his ASS. Heyward missed two shot if he makes those its a mute point but you can't miss that call.

I'm not crying that Duke won I'm just really disspointed about it. If I would have it my way Bulter would have won but they didn't so I'm moving on. And honestly if you don't have a personal connection to Duke what is there really to like about them.

But I guess you know better and Howard just slipped, right.

Im sorry but there were plays on both ends that were called and weren't. The refs showed Duke no favortism as there was shoving going on all night down low. If you have tivo rewatch it and see there were players dragged to the ground all game. The refs let them play and Butler had every shot to win it and did not.

It's unfortunate Hummel got hurt because they could have won this thing but may get a chance next year.

There's only one post in this thread that I would consider close to "crying", and it's the one quoted above.

I agree with Minny. Definitely a lot of physical play by both times. If that would have been called, it would have thrown off the consistency of the calls which is all I ask for with refs.

I hate Duke and NC. And that was a foul. Not that big of a deal that someone asked if others thought so as well.

Top Bottom