One Shining Moment Ruined

M&G BUSt

Reaction score
Something called Jennifer Hudson just ruined one of my favorite parts of the NCAA tourney.

That seems to be the consensus - loved the highlights, as usual. But why mess with perfection? Hopefully they change it back. I love her, and she sounded great, but you're talking about a great tradition.

$$$? Why else would they mess with it? Money tends to ruin alot of good things these days.

I am so furious about this I can't even explain it. Every year I look forward to One Shining Moment as much as I do the games. I sat through all the post game crap to make sure I didn't miss it, and this is what we get? They spent more time showing footage of her singing than actual tourney highlights. And she way overdid it with her singing. A disappointing end to a fantastic tournament.
________
List of gm factories specifications

This was probably the last year of it anyway. The 96-team monstrosity will be on ESPN and they'll have to come up thier own song.

I guess that one of the good things about having to be up by 0 dark 30. You don't hang around for One Shining Moment and I have no idea who Jennifer Hudson is so no big loss.

I sure am going to miss college basketball though. Dammit.

they used to show a clip of every team in the tourney at least once (a cheerleader, a fan, the mascot, something) and then show more of the teams that advanced further and show the most of the teams in the championship game, which is exactly how it should be. the past few years, they have pretty much only been showing teams who had an interesting upset in the 1st or 2nd Rd, but mostly Sweet 16 through Final 4 teams. I saw Tennessee, Kentucky, and Michigan St more than most other teams (except for Butler and Duke, obviously)...I didn't see Kansas, Marquette, Wisconsin, or us (all of whom lost in the first weekend)...and I am sure there were more schools not included. I only could stand watching it once this year, so maybe I missed something, but I felt there was a lot of exclusion in this year's OSM. it used to be better.

and +1 trillion to the posters who think that it is just wrong to show J Hudson singing instead of clips from the tourney

They didn't even show Ohio, who upset Georgetown. It was weak sauce.

Showing J hud was ridiculous, especially at the start of the song for "when the ball is tipped"...
They did show Kansas, their bench guy with his head on the floor after they lost. They showed Wisconsin, just in the background of Wofford and Cornell players. Did not see us or Marquette though.

T.P.

In honor of Teddy Pendegrass who just died they should have used his version...

J. Hud was Do Do Ebi!!

CBS tried to be cutting edge and creative when there is no need to.

Anyone else dislike the overhead shot they use. The camera angle is terrible and at times you cant see the rim or the depth perception of the rim is brutal.:confused:

I did indeed see Wofford and Cornell, I guess I just looked right past the Badgers, lol

nice call on Ohio...they deserved some love!

Twins overlap. I quickly flipped to the Twins and missed it. What happened?

I didn't see it either. I did catch a tweet though from a certain Buckeye recruit :)

Coach Matta just texted me and said "One Shining Moment without a buckeye my ass...here we come" that's why I'm a Buckeye.

I just watched it

Not as good as it's been, but I didn't think it was that bad. Agree that "ball being tipped" should have appeared. Otherwise, it captured the biggest plays & successfully saddened me that another college basketball season is over.

I say they get Vanessa Williams next year. Vanessa and the One Shining Moment montage would be a sure winning combo.

I thought One Shining Moment was horrible this year. How could they not include Jordan Crawford's 35 ft three pointer to push Kansas St. to another OT? They hardly showed any of Butler's upsets. If anything they should have showed Farokmanesh's shot at the end of the Kansas game multiple times at the song's climax. That was the shot of the tournament NOT Butler's failed half court attempt to win it (although it was close). I can't wait for CBS to lose the rights to the tournament. ESPN may be annoying but there is no way they would have had as many broadcasting miscues as CBS did this year.

Completely forgot about the K-State-Xavier game. Best game of the tournament, even better than last night and Kansas-UNI. K-State-Xavier was just two teams making clutch shot after clutch shot.

After perusing several team boards, the verdict of "That OSM SUCKED" has been unanimous across the Interwebs.

Top Bottom