Butler's worst loss of season was by Gophers

GopherFish

Reaction score
Gophers nine point win over Butler was worst loss for Butler. Duke was only two points better.

Gophers looked really good that game. Howard got into foul trouble. Colt45 owned the paint. DJ shut down Hayward.

Gophers = true national champions by the transitive property of basketball.

Followed Up W/ A Loss To . . . Portland

and not the Trailblazers.

The Vikings should be crowing.

:cool:

I believe Gophers were only team to hit 80 vs. Butler. Hard to fathom that after the way Bulldogs played D in the tournament.

Don't teams get better as the season goes on. Isn't that why a Butler plays in a tournament with teams like the Gophers so the coach can see what needs improving on and work on that toward the real season (tournament time - first conference and then hopefully second ncaa)?

I, for one, don't like these, 'Well, the Gophers beat Butler, so the Gophers are good,' threads.

Here is why.

NC Central (3-22) was last in the RPI, according to Jerry Palm. But maybe they're good.

NC Central beat Maryland-Eastern Shore
Maryland-Eastern Shore beat Coppin State
Coppin State beat Loyola-Maryland
Loyola-Maryland beat Indiana
Indiana beat the Gophers
Gophers beat Butler.

Just saying.

I, for one, don't like these, 'Well, the Gophers beat Butler, so the Gophers are good,' threads.

Here is why.

NC Central (3-22) was last in the RPI, according to Jerry Palm. But maybe they're good.

Indiana beat the Gophers
Gophers beat Butler.

Just saying.

True that. We did something similar to this in high school tennis. Our team beat another team who beat the state champs. So by our high school logic we were the state champs. Ridiculous

Here is why.

Indiana beat the Gophers
Gophers beat Butler.

Just saying.

No one is seriously saying that. But we did beat Butler, so that says something. We did win 20 games and make the NCAA tournament, and that says something as well. Were it not for disruptions, this team would have been a lot better, and may be better next season.

I don't think most of the posts were very serious.

Here is why.

Indiana beat the Gophers
Gophers beat Butler.

Just saying.

Top Bottom