Al Nolen Interview

seantrel4gophs

Reaction score
Something Gopher diehards should like....Al Nolen will be appearing on "The Backdoor Cut with Brett Cloutier and Mike Gallagher" Tuesday night between 8 and 10 p.m.....You can listen here: web.augsburg.edu/kaug

We would love if you all could tune in and check out our radio show as we welcome Gopher guard Al Nolen. We'll talk Gopher hoops, NCAA championships, and next season with Al. www.augsburg.edu/kaug click 'listen now' ... ITunes is required to listen.

Can you listen to a replay? I don't see anything under interviews (although I guess it might be too soon) and obviously I'm a little late for listen now. Recap?

Can you listen to a replay? I don't see anything under interviews (although I guess it might be too soon) and obviously I'm a little late for listen now. Recap?

Give it a listen between 8-10 tonight. You may be surprised!

confirmation

the show is airing in roughly a half an hour, late word is that Nolen will be on between 9:15 and 9:45, so no one is too late, 8 o'clock tonight and it will be podcasted soon after.....www.augsburg.edu/kaug 8-10 p.m. Tuesday night....

the show is airing in roughly a half an hour, late word is that Nolen will be on between 9:15 and 9:45, so no one is too late, 8 o'clock tonight and it will be podcasted soon after.....www.augsburg.edu/kaug 8-10 p.m. Tuesday night....

Your moniker requires a change. I believe Sean4Himself is available.

I dumped itunes when my *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#pod froze for the last time, anyone got some quotes or a summary?

I dumped itunes when my *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#pod froze for the last time, anyone got some quotes or a summary?

Who are these guys interviewing Al? They went off about how awesome it would be if we could get CJ. Al said he wouldn't mind it, but you could tell he is not really thrilled with having to battle for his spot in the lineup. They are currently asking him how he got behind academically. The interviewers seem to be accidentally asking some really tough questions. Seem like nice guys.

Who are these guys interviewing Al? They went off about how awesome it would be if we could get CJ. Al said he wouldn't mind it, but you could tell he is not really thrilled with having to battle for his spot in the lineup. They are currently asking him how he got behind academically. The interviewers seem to be accidentally asking some really tough questions. Seem like nice guys.

I am assuming some sort of combo of the first 3 posters on this thread

podcast

There will be a podcast up at thesportsbank.net within the week, and they weren't "accidently" tough, just questions that needed to be asked, we appreciate you noticing the tough part tho....we greatly thank Al for coming on, he was a great interview and a good guy....

Thanks for all of you that tuned in to our show. Yes, I am one of the interviewers (the commentator) and am glad you all listened. For those of you that didn't listen, it was a great two hour show and the podcast version should be out soon. The 30 minute Nolen interview went well and will also be available in podcast form. Curious to see what the GopherHole community thought of the Nolen piece, and the show as a whole. "The Backdoor Cut" is on every Tuesday night at www.augsburg.edu/kaug. We talk sports, pop culture, and everything Minnesota.

There will be a podcast up at thesportsbank.net within the week, and they weren't "accidently" tough, just questions that needed to be asked, we appreciate you noticing the tough part tho....we greatly thank Al for coming on, he was a great interview and a good guy....

I only say that because you guys all seemed very nice and just from listening to 5 minutes, you seem like the type that would ask softball questions, and I'm not ripping on it, but it seems like it takes people years to be able to ask the really hard questions. I didn't get to hear the whole interview, but the parts I caught were you talking about CJ and about his academics. I don't know if you realized that CJ would likely take Al's starting spot if he comes here so I guessed it was maybe accidental. Good interview though, I would love to hear you interview more players, and football players as well.

much appreciated, we tried to make it as diverse as possible, with some softball ?'s and then some questions surrounding the program and him that i thought needed to be asked. Really glad you liked it tho, definitely appreciate the feedback, and yea, we know about CJ, we just didnt want to be like, so you know that he's the 7th rated prospect in the nation and go down that road, you know? Thanks for listening when you could tho, glad you're a fan, we're working on getting something going with the U to get more players on, so tune in again!

Can you give a recap? What did he say about his academic status?

Can you give a recap? What did he say about his academic status?

Don't want to miss quote him, but a podcast version will be up and when it is we will give you the link.

Al was a great interviewee and I cant say enough positive things about him.

as far as his academic status, he has been working very hard on them this semester and as you can hear in the podcast that will be up by tomorrow evening he takes full responsibility for what happened, i will post the link to the podcast here when it is done tomorrow evening....

Haha, so they basically said how great it would be to have Al pushed to backup and asked him what he thought of that.

Thanks for the interview guys. I'll be listening to the podcast once it's up. Just curious, how did you guys decide to interview Al? Any other players/5 * generals you guys are planning to interview?

Top Bottom