MO Walker-visiting this weekend-package deal with Corey Joseph

mj2345

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Interview with Mo Walker at Flagrant Fouls. Says he is ready to commit if the visit this weekend goes well. Also he is best friends with Cory Joseph. Many believe the offer is on the table to lure Joseph.

This could be huge.

Listen to this interview. About 3 minutes.

Maurice Walker-Interview-April 5

sweet! I work at the barn as a student facilities worker... I work on the 10th, so maybe i'll get the chance to see him. I've been waiting for this visit for a while ha.:clap:

was it me, or did i hear him say "yes" when they asked him about whether cory said he'd commit with him and then he covered it up by saying that he said "it would be a good possibility"?????

Tubby seemed pretty confident we would be able to secure some big time guys with our available scholarships. It looks like this will happen.
April 15th can't come soon enough.

Wow, it does sound like the package deal is really on the table. Let's lock this guy up!

The guy sounds really down-to-earth.

was it me, or did i hear him say "yes" when they asked him about whether cory said he'd commit with him and then he covered it up by saying that he said "it would be a good possibility"?????

You heard correctly. Very positive post -
1. Ready to commit if he has a good trip. No other trips planned at this time and may not need to plan any (will talk it over with his parents). I am tired of these long recruiting courtships - would like a signing.

2. Whether Cory comes along or not, Mo would be a great addition. Per Tubby, best big man still available. Big body to match up with MSU, Purdue, etc.

3. I think it does improve the chances with Cory (if Mo signs). Cory has mentioned several times a key factor is where he feels comfortable.

I will take this guy, Cory or no Cory.

We could use a 270 pound presence down low.

You heard correctly. Very positive post -
1. Ready to commit if he has a good trip. No other trips planned at this time and may not need to plan any (will talk it over with his parents). I am tired of these long recruiting courtships - would like a signing.

2. Whether Cory comes along or not, Mo would be a great addition. Per Tubby, best big man still available. Big body to match up with MSU, Purdue, etc.

3. I think it does improve the chances with Cory (if Mo signs). Cory has mentioned several times a key factor is where he feels comfortable.

I hope it helps our chances with Cory, but even if it doesn't ... He'd still be an amazing addition!

Cory is too good to package himself with anyone. Brewster thought he could get Seantrel Henderson by signing JD Pride.

I got the odd feeling that if we're lucky enough to land C. Joseph, I think you'll be hearing more scuttlebutt about Royce trying to re-join the team. JMO.

Guessing Royce is done. If Mbakwe comes back and we take Mo this weekend..no more Royce. I think the sands in his hour glass have completely fallen.

Back to Mo Walker. I like him regardless of what Cory decides. He looks like he needs to get in better condition but he will be able to do that here.. also, he took a visit to Kansas in december. Even if a plan B for Kansas..their plan B's are pretty good players.

mj

Thanks for the link.

I like this young man.

Mo is welcome with or without CJ but CJ would be doubly awesome!

We could use some good news!

Go Gophers.

Good comments y'all. Sounds like Mo has a solid work ethic. He plans to enroll in summer school? Solid!

Back to Mo Walker. I like him regardless of what Cory decides. He looks like he needs to get in better condition but he will be able to do that here.. also, he took a visit to Kansas in december. Even if a plan B for Kansas..their plan B's are pretty good players.

He didn't visit Kansas.

MinneMike said:
Good comments y'all. Sounds like Mo has a solid work ethic. He plans to enroll in summer school? Solid!

Very common/standard - you want your guys on campus in the summer, working with the trainers, getting acclimated with the school and teammates. I'm not saying he's a bad student, just that you shouldn't take anything from him saying that he plans to enroll in classes in the summer - that is expected.

Being Canadian and attending high school in Canada for a period of time -- I would be most worried about Clearinghouse issues. Starting last year, kids not cleared couldn't enroll in summer classes... I don't know his status with the Clearinghouse right now, but the wheels moved very slow with international kids getting cleared last year... in this case, that would be especially bad, because the trainers and coaches at whatever school Walker goes to are going to be on him like no other to get him in shape.

The key piece in that audio to me - the mention of his parents.

This would be a great addition.

Watching his highlight real last week the one thing that stood out to me is his outside shot. He appeared to have nice touch out to the high school three point line. If that is something he can go on a regular basis it would be a great rotation with Sampson III and Iverson. You could play any combination of the three and not struggle with two big guys clogging up the lane. That much size on both ends of the floor could really cause problems for smaller teams who would struggle to keep one post out of the lane let alone 2.

Cory Joseph would be a terrific addition to this team. His skills are a huge need. What was a bit of suprise watching him this weekend is how smooth he was with the ball and how athletic he was. Some early reports talked about him being a great shooter but they didn't hint at his quickness. Cory Joseph teaming with Devoe Joseph and Rodney Williams in the future could be very good teamed with the big guys up front. Mix in Hoffarber, Carter, and the other guys the Gophers have this team could be loaded. Not sure about winning the Big Ten but a run at the end of the year would be very possible maybe Sweet 16.

I noticed that too! Hearing him say that makes me confident him and Cory will be here next year. By the tone of Maurice Walker talking about the "U" it sounds like it would take a lot for him to NOT sign here!

I noticed that too! Hearing him say that makes me confident him and Cory will be here next year. By the tone of Maurice Walker talking about the "U" it sounds like it would take a lot for him to NOT sign here!

I agree. I think it was a Freudian Slip and that maybe Cory has told him that he probably will commit with him but that he wants to make sure that Mo does first. I like how he sounds like he knows this is the school for him and I agree... I don't think there's anything that could change his mind... He just wants to see the campus now.

Looks like great weather this weekend too! Sign them up Tubby!!!

Someone should edit the title of this thread. If Cory ever happens to check this site out, I'm sure he'd be more impressed if his name was spelled correctly. :)

I'm hoping Maurice and Cory both sign, as it'd be an amazing coup to get them both. I'm already so excited for next season, and it's not even a month since the end of this season!

Someone should edit the title of this thread. If Cory ever happens to check this site out, I'm sure he'd be more impressed if his name was spelled correctly. :)

I'm hoping Maurice and Cory both sign, as it'd be an amazing coup to get them both. I'm already so excited for next season, and it's not even a month since the end of this season!

Agreed...

My name's Corey and I always get "Cory" ... his name's Cory and he always gets "Corey"... weird

I would imagine that Walker's sudden keen interest is largely due to our lack of a PF on the active roster and our underwhelming post play this year...and rightly so. Opportunity for big time PT even for a 3* recruit.

I would imagine that Walker's sudden keen interest is largely due to our lack of a PF on the active roster and our underwhelming post play this year...and rightly so. Opportunity for big time PT even for a 3* recruit.

I'm pretty sure his keen interest stems more from the fact that Devoe Joseph is on the team already, and his brother Cory is pretty much the #1 target of Minnesota's recruiting efforts this Spring. Walker played AAU ball with both Joseph brothers, and they are all friends, which would make it a good fit for him. Plus, he has said that he likes Tubby Smith as a coach.

And, I think Walker's a 4-star, isn't he? I saw somewhere that he was the 12th-best big man in this year's class. It'd be nice to have two 3-stars (Eliason, Hollins), a 4-star (Walker), and a 5-star (Joseph) in this year's class, with the possibility of another 5-star (White) re-enrolling and getting another chance with this team.

He's a big kid. One service has him at 300 bills. Colt 45 will need someone like that to have his back next time he visits East Lansing.

The reason I think he is going to commit this weekend is the fact that he was looking to get "wooed" (sp?) by the coaching staff, he was just coming to see where he would be going to class and where he would be spending his time after class. It sounds like the tour is much more of a formality then it is a recruiting trip.

WG

Even with our current bigs I am sure there is enough playing time in Tubby's system to tire out a guy that tips the scales at 270 pounds.

Come on board Mo. We need you and we want you! Getting a man like Tubby into your life can only be a very good thing.

:clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom