This Week in Sports

mnboiler

Resident Purdue Expert
Reaction score
I know it's somewhat OT but this has to be one of the greatest weeks in sports in a long time. You had both men's and women's Final Four. The women's being marginally watchalbe mostly because of UConn being so good. MLB Opening Night/Day/Week. The Masters. Wow thats a great long week.

Can anyone else come up with a better week for sports.

Also what is the best week, weekend, or day for sports.

For my money its this week, opening weekend of the NCAA tourny, and New Year's Day.

It is a great week, though I'd exclude the women's Final 4. Nowhere near the same ballpark as the others. Me thinks the Masters will have an extra little "kick" to it this year. Can't wait to watch it & see how Tiger handles it. I'm sure he'll handle the scrutiny just fine. He's already proven to be an excellent muti-tasker!

Plus the playoff push in the NBA, and the final week of the regular season in the NHL. Great stuff.

I saw a promo piece on ESPN over the weekend saying the same thing and the best part was that they actually included Notre Dame's Pro Day and Jimmy Clausen throwing for scouts as part of this great week. Wow.

I know it's somewhat OT but this has to be one of the greatest weeks in sports in a long time. You had both men's and women's Final Four. The women's being marginally watchalbe mostly because of UConn being so good. MLB Opening Night/Day/Week. The Masters. Wow thats a great long week.

Can anyone else come up with a better week for sports.

Also what is the best week, weekend, or day for sports.

For my money its this week, opening weekend of the NCAA tourny, and New Year's Day.

I think you are right on with the opening weekend of the NCAA tourney. New Year's Day used to be #1 but the bowl game system is so messed up that it isn't as fun as it used to be ten years ago.

BTW has anyone else a worse floor design than the one used for the women's final four. It gonna be hard to top.

and ... shortly after this awesome sports week, we'll have the NFL draft!

Top Bottom