Royce to UCLA?

Royce in LA? That would work out well.

I may be one of the last holdouts on wanting to see Royce White return to the team, but I am starting to waver. It's not any of the transgressions, it's a growing doubt in my mind that basketball is important to Royce. If Royce was driven to be the best player he could be, I think we would have heard reports of him playing in some high level pick up games, working with a trainer, etc, etc. Instead he seems to be going the route of Walker Lee Ashley which absolutely shocks me.

Maybe him and Sean Henderson can get an apartment and work on their music careers...

Very fitting end to Royce's Gopher career if this happens.

It seems Royce is mature enough to play for UCLA and probably most every other power conference school, except for Minnesota. Thanks Maturi.

It seems Royce is mature enough to play for UCLA and probably most every other power conference school, except for Minnesota. Thanks Maturi.

Or UCLA is desperate enough to look the other way to let him on the squad.

White caused everything that happened to him - Maturi didn't do a thing. If White wanted to play he shouldn't have stole and he shouldn't have been in a dorm room where he wasn't supposed to be.

Or UCLA is desperate enough to look the other way to let him on the squad.

White caused everything that happened to him - Maturi didn't do a thing. If White wanted to play he shouldn't have stole and he shouldn't have been in a dorm room where he wasn't supposed to be.

Yep.

Royce has proved.........

over and over again through his actions, that he answers to no one.......so he is destined in my view to wander aimlessly is life's desert. It will be interesting to see how many people follow this nomad's activities in another year.

This guy has got mad skills on the basketball court, I really hope he doesn't piss it all away. Nothing against UCLA, it's a great basketball school, but I'm guessing that move would have more to do with his budding music career than basketball.

This guy has got mad skills on the basketball court, I really hope he doesn't piss it all away. Nothing against UCLA, it's a great basketball school, but I'm guessing that move would have more to do with his budding music career than basketball.

:clap:

Good luck to him. I like your pic. "I don't usually drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis"

Royce White = WLA 2.0

Yep.

No way he's disciplined enough to wait until 2011-2012 if that is indeed how long it would take for him to gain eligibility. He really has 4 options:
1. Suck it up and enroll this summer and play the game required to meet the standards at the U.
2. Enroll at a JUCO in Kansas or Texas.
3. Declare for draft and likely not get drafted, find summer league team and D-League next year.
4. Overseas.

This isn't the fault of Maturi or the boys in blue, it's on Royce White. His situation is pretty bleak and he's just as likely to be the next Walker Lee Ashley as he is to make at this point.

I will repeat...there ain't a damn one of us who knows. what happens, happens. Go Gophers!!!

Royce turning his attentions somewhere other than here is a good thing for Minnesota. His situation is an all-time example of youth destroying a future. Too bad for all involved, especially him. That it is played out in the courts and the media is very sad indeed. He was no where near ready for this and despite what some say, his outside guidance was abhorent.

despite what some say, his outside guidance was abhorent.

Really? Or was it simply unheeded?

At some point, Royce has to account for his own decisions, regardless of whatever "outside guidance" he was receiving. I'd conclude that he decided to shoplift, to cruise through the dorm, to release the YouTube clips, etc. Or did the "outside guidance" compel him to do so?

I remember him saying in an interview that he would never play for another school, but you cant really take an 18 yr old for his word I guess. Really ready to move on from all this.

Sad

This is just a sad story. I hope it turns out well for him but the past does not suggest it will.

I am afraid Mr. White is standing at the station and the Tubby train is slowly chugging away.

Truly a loss to Mr. White.

I think White needs to transfer, that is the only way he is going to get on with his life. He is a target here and nothing is going to change that. He shoplifted, payed the price, and is done with it. He will be successful wherever he goes.

Not so sure about UCLA though, I think Arizona would be a better choice, high profile, but less in the spotlight than LA.

Yes we cant blame anyone but royce for his transgressions, but a 4 MONTH investigation for a few misdemeanors? seriously? that one is not in royce's court. that's the reason royce left.

Putting feelings about White aside, I think the Gophers need at least one big forward next year. If Mbakwe returns this will be a great addition. It would be desirable to have a second big guy Like Mo Walker for insurance. I know that Royce has the size to do the job, but watching him play, he doesn't look comfortable banging inside to me. I think he is better suited for the small forward spot. White has the talent to be a great addition to any team. Will he find himself in the right position? Who knows?

Yes we cant blame anyone but royce for his transgressions, but a 4 MONTH investigation for a few misdemeanors? seriously? that one is not in royce's court. that's the reason royce left.

How do we know the long investigation was not Royce's fault? Police felt he knew who took the computor. In fact, they believed he was involved in the crime. Royce would not give them the information they wanted. So they held his feet to the fire with the lesser trespassing charge. Right or wrong the police had good reason to believe he knew more then he would tell. So who was really reponsible for the long delay?

Right, Figi.
There is a common concern about the influence of White's friends. We've heard the conjecture that one of White's friends stole the laptop and this could have been resolved quickly in that case. But White stuck by his friend and his friend left White's BB career out to dry.
I know Tubby talked with him concerning the choices he was making regarding his friends (via a close friend who attended a dinner with Tubby).

Considering this, getting out of the area could be a good thing for him. Not because he's a target, but because he's got a life here that is holding him back - but will he just create the same problems elsewhere? Its pretty likely.

How do we know the long investigation was not Royce's fault? Police felt he knew who took the computor. In fact, they believed he was involved in the crime. Royce would not give them the information they wanted. So they held his feet to the fire with the lesser trespassing charge. Right or wrong the police had good reason to believe he knew more then he would tell. So who was really reponsible for the long delay?

well if that was the case he would have been charged with obstruction of justice, eh? if they 'knew' it it must be true, right? also, anyone who doesnt believe the dorms have security cameras watching the hallways is naive, a simple check of those camera tapes would have ended all this. maybe they checked it and didnt see anything and yet wanted to press on? if they thought it was royce's friend who took it, why not hold that friend as a suspect? hm? why royce?

So how come Trevor hasn't left the program? While I know his case is more serious he has had a longer delay for what everybody feels is a bogus charge. Trevor has pretty much been a model student, a model teammate, a model member of the U community.

Sorry I am not giving Royce any leeway on this. After the shoplifting charge he should have worked overtime to keep his nose clean. He thought he was above punishment and when he found out he wasn't - he couldn't handle it.

Top Bottom