Could it be a good sign?

Gopher Teeth

Fear the Teeth
Reaction score
There is something that just seems strange about the recruiting for the 2010 class.

The fact that Tubby is not recruiting another guard. I find this strange, since it seems that from a forward situation we seem to be looking at a lot of names. In other words the approach for the foward slot is the exact opposite approach that is being taken on filling the slot we have for a guard. Why is this, does Tubby know something we don't?

Teeth

There is something that just seems strange about the recruiting for the 2010 class.

The fact that Tubby is not recruiting another guard. I find this strange, since it seems that from a forward situation we seem to be looking at a lot of names. In other words the approach for the foward slot is the exact opposite approach that is being taken on filling the slot we have for a guard. Why is this, does Tubby know something we don't?

That last bit made me LOL!

Yup, I am positive Tubby knows more than I do. The U must think so because they never offered me a nickle to coach the team.

:D

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but I agree with you.

PT - Nolen, Cobbs, maybe Joseph
SG - Hoffarber, Joseph, Hollins, Williams as SG or SF

You are assuming a three guard offense. If you go to a two guard offense it is two, three deep.

To feel the way you do I would have to know for sure that Tubby isn't recruiting any other guards. Are we sure of that. After all, Tubby may know something we don't.

To feel the way you do I would have to know for sure that Tubby isn't recruiting any other guards. Are we sure of that. After all, Tubby may know something we don't.

Agreed, I just find it to be a difficult coincidence to believe that we would only hear about the forwards, but for some reason none of the "supposed" guards. In addition our usual reliable sources like JohnnyGopher, have nothing regarding guards.

PT - Nolen, Cobbs, maybe Joseph
SG - Hoffarber, Joseph, Hollins, Williams as SG or SF

You are assuming a three guard offense. If you go to a two guard offense it is two, three deep.

Even so, Nolen and Cobbs may or may not be back (depending on what rumors you hear) and both Nolen and Hoff will be seniors next year. Also, I don't see Williams playing SG much at this point (SF all the way until he improves his ball handling). Taking all of this into account you could be left with just Devoe, Cobbs, and Hollins in addition to your incoming recruits for the 2011 season (assuming Williams is a SF). Even more thin if Cobbs does leave. Not a deep position if we don't add another guard to this years class.

Nolen has had 4 out of 5 semesters go swimmingly. I'd put the odds of him being back at 80%+ ;)

Sorry panndder but I'll trust JG when he said 50-50 that Nolen returns

Top Bottom