Westbrook invited to Portsmouth, DJ snubbed per DraftExpress

BleedGopher

Reaction score

That is hard to believe. Raymar has the physical tools to play in the NBA for sure.

Although I am not a big believer that DJ is NBA material, I would think he would have a better shot that LW at the next level.

Amazing how little respect DJ gets. One of my all-time favorite gophs.

Me too. There is a class of memorable Gophers in my mind- Randy Carter, Ariel McDonald, Walter Bond, etc. and Damian Johnson is in that class.

Raymar not getting an invite too?

Wow. Shows what I know. Three years ago I am certain I posted on this board that Raymar Morgan would be a lottery pick in a year or two. Now, he doesn't even get invited to the predraft camp. Ouch.

DJ's problem is that he has a shooting guards size without the skills. Comparible people in the NBA are the Coby Bryant's. He just does't fit the NBA prototype.

DJ's problem is that he has a shooting guards size without the skills. Comparible people in the NBA are the Coby Bryant's. He just does't fit the NBA prototype.

I think it's spelled Cobie or Kobi

Haha, I never thought he'd be a lottery pick but I certainly thought he would get lot more respect than he is getting. I have no idea how he wouldn't be invited.

Wow. Shows what I know. Three years ago I am certain I posted on this board that Raymar Morgan would be a lottery pick in a year or two. Now, he doesn't even get invited to the predraft camp. Ouch.

Although I am not a big believer that DJ is NBA material, I would think he would have a better shot that LW at the next level.

At the next level DJ has been compared to a Tayshaun Prince, Westy has been compared to Nate Robinson.

For the Gophs I would take DJ over LW any day. Neither player is going to make an NBA roster, but it will make the Wolves summer league worth watching if they have DJ and LW.

At the next level DJ has been compared to a Tayshaun Prince, Westy has been compared to Nate Robinson.

I am assuming that is what their games are close to, but only in style, not ability...

I'm not saying that DJ is an NBA lock or anything of the sort, but at least he has the potential to be a defensive stopper/glue guy in the mold of Prince or Jamario Moon. Westbrook has absolutely no chance to play in the NBA. I'm continually baffled that talent evaluators don't seem to see it that way.

Westbrook

So your saying a 5'11" sg, who isnt that quick, doesnt have a chance. What about one with bad ball handling skills? What about one that has a questionable attitude--maybe he will fit in?

Raymar Morgan is one of those guys who I think will end up being a better pro than college player. He's a hybrid that can do quite a few things from the 3 or 4. Certainly having 6 fouls in the NBA will help. Seems like Morgan was always in foul trouble. That's what killed MSU as much as anything on Saturday vs. Butler. If he's not in foul trouble, I don't think Sparty loses that game.

Lawrence Westbrook has been invited to Portsmouth, but according to DraftExpress, Damian Johnson is one of five players "snubbed" and is included in a group that is described as this:

"While none of these players put up eye-popping numbers this season, some of them have clear-cut NBA physical tools and may warrant a look from teams at some point in their career."

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2010-Portsmouth-Invitational-Official-Rosters-and-Preview-3424

Go Gophers!!

Some of the players invited with never play. So maybe some late additions?

IE.. Butler from WVU is on a team with Sims. I don't think he'll be ready to play.

Not to be a dick or anything..but he spells his name Kobe

Raymond

Raymar Morgan is one of those guys who I think will end up being a better pro than college player. He's a hybrid that can do quite a few things from the 3 or 4. Certainly having 6 fouls in the NBA will help. Seems like Morgan was always in foul trouble. That's what killed MSU as much as anything on Saturday vs. Butler. If he's not in foul trouble, I don't think Sparty loses that game.

Raymond is one of those players who didnt improve through his career. He is about 6'7" 225 so he would need to be a small forward. He doesnt shoot it that well or drive to the rim that well. He is an ok athlete. He doesnt have quick feet and would have trouble guarding the small forward position. He might make a bench somewhere?

1. You need an NBA skill?
2. You need to be able to guard a position.

Top Bottom