Cory's line at McDonald's Game....

Not the greatest line, but oh well it would still be like Christmas combined with my birthday times a thousand if he signed with us. An all-star game like that doesn't directly correlate with actual games anyways.

He looked like a point guard...that is for sure. His defense was pretty outstanding and you could tell he was just having an off night with his shots. He definitely was not trying to show off like all of the other players imo which led to the bigger stat lines. He was pass first while everyone else just drove to the lane and dunked it because there was No D.

I really want him. Please Cory.

Helps our chances. If he would of had a great game, his ego could have opened his eyes elsewhere.

He actually played a lot like Devoe. I thought I was watching the same player. What especially looked similar was the dribble move to the left and then a jab step forward followed by the fadeaway jumper.

Coreeeeeeeeeeey also said he really like playing with the high screen and roll. I don't see Villanova using the high screen a lot. Texas will use it some. Minnesota, on the other hand, especially with Devoe this year, used it a lot.

I'm sure he's already done this, but if I were Tubby I would be selling him hard on this type of offense - especially showing him tapes of how Devoe was used as the focal point.

He actually played a lot like Devoe. I thought I was watching the same player. What especially looked similar was the dribble move to the left and then a jab step forward followed by the fadeaway jumper.

Coreeeeeeeeeeey also said he really like playing with the high screen and roll. I don't see Villanova using the high screen a lot. Texas will use it some. Minnesota, on the other hand, especially with Devoe this year, used it a lot.

I'm sure he's already done this, but if I were Tubby I would be selling him hard on this type of offense - especially showing him tapes of how Devoe was used as the focal point.

I do not have a great basketball I.Q but yes, he definitely looked a lot like Devoe, but with much more athleticism.

Just curious, but are you trying to emphasize that as "correct" spelling or just poking fun at people who get bent out of shape about the misspelling of Cory?

Making fun of people who keep spelling it the wrong way.

(this is in no way a shot at Lefty)

I would put as much stock in a player's McDonald's game numbers as I would in a Pulley League game. Meaningless glorified scrimmages, both.

I thought he looked like a stud point guard. He has an excellent handle, good vision, and good quickness, but doesn't play like he is rushed. In addition he is an accurate passer and can get his shot off quick. That was the first time I have seen him play, but I really liked his game. There is no doubt he will put the Gophers in the top tier of the Big Ten.

I'm glad he didn't have a huge game and become MVP. That would just hurt our chances.

I look for certain things when watching this type of game. What I don't look at is the boxscore only and make assumptions. 10 of Harrison Barnes' points came from cherry-picking, which is makes his line completely and utterly pointless.

I was impressed with Tobias Harris for someone that I had never seen play before. Good quickness for someone his size.

Cory's line was awful - we should stay away from him.

Tobias Harris - going to Tennessee. I'm sure Jerronne Maymon will steal all his minutes though.

If you want to see Cory in a real game, check ESPNU tonight.. and likely ESPN2 tomorrow and perhaps ESPN Saturday afternoon.... ESPN Rise Tourney... Findlay is the #2 seed and probably the favorite.

I can't stand watching this game. I watched only about ten minutes and that is about all I could stand. Just like any other all star game, run and gun up and down the court. Great players, but not good basketball.

I went to this game. The PA guy introduced all the players and seemed to list all the main schools that the players were considering (all the players were introduced individually), and when they introduced CJ before the game they said he was considering UConn and Villanova (i.e., 2 schools and neither was named "Minnesota") - maybe the PA guy just cut short the list, I can't say for sure. Just FYI.

I went to this game. The PA guy introduced all the players and seemed to list all the main schools that the players were considering (all the players were introduced individually), and when they introduced CJ before the game they said he was considering UConn and Villanova (i.e., 2 schools and neither was named "Minnesota") - maybe the PA guy just cut short the list, I can't say for sure. Just FYI.

Texas will be shocked.

Texas

Texas has already recruited 3 guards in this class that are all the size of Corey Joseph.

Dear Selection and friends....

I was in no way taking a shot at Cory with regards to his stats for this game......just stumbled across the box score and thought I would report it.

I would love to have this guy.....mostly because of what I saw.....he was not out to get his points, he seemed to play as if he didn't care who got the credit....which is highly attractive in my view.

Lefty, would love to see Joseph here as well. He might be the guy that gets us out of the Round of 96 and into the Round of 64.;)

Top Bottom