Don't look now, does Purdue go 0-3 in the BT?

Gopher Teeth

Fear the Teeth
Reaction score
With Purdue's losses to Illinois and Penn State and facing Wisconsin on Sunday. . it is not a stretch that Purdue could be in 0-3 in the Big Ten. Frankly this doesn't surprise me, I haven't been as impressed with Purdue as others, but I wouldn't have guessed they would start 0-3. Here's a question, if Purdue goes 0-3 who thinks that pretty much removes them from the Big Ten title chase?

Me. . if they lose, Big Ten Title hopes: dead. I don't see them as a team that will be able to make up the difference, because I see them dropping MSU games, a Michigan game, and the Minnesota game (at the barn).

you're probably right as I don't see Michigan State losing more than 2 conference games and possibly going undefeated in the conference.

Michigan State plays Wisconsin only once (at East Lansing) and Michigan only once (at Ann Arbor). They play Illinois twice and have us at home. Other than those five games, I don't see them having much problem with the balance of their schedule ... and I think they'll take at least three of those five possibly "troublesome" games.

It's early, but I'd say it's going to be a 2-horse race, Sparty and Bucky. I'm convinced Illinois, Michigan, the Gophers, Ohio State and Purdue all will be solid teams, but not good enough to win the Big 10. MSU and Wisconsin will be a cut above. Purdue just doesn't look quite the same this year, even when Hummel and Kramer were healthy. Maybe it's the "hunter" and "hunted" thing working against the Boilers.

I'd say 15-3 will win the league.

Top Bottom