If you were Lavin...

dingo

Reaction score
Would you have taken the Saint Johns job or the Depaul job if all other things were equal? (money, length of contract etc)

St. Johns and it's not even close. Depaul is immediately behind Illinois, Marquette in their recruiting backyard, and likely behind Purdue and Indiana as well. I don't see a high ceiling there. The right guy could turn things around at St. Johns.

I'd go St. John's as well. DePaul has to have the shi**iest arena in all of college basketball.

Thumbs up to Lav's better half

Thanks Bleed. I read the story, but the main thing I got out of it is, Lav has a really hot wife.

Had never seen her before. No matter what Lav does on the court, he's clearly a high achiever off it.

Depaul is a mess...hopeless...they need a coach that can perform a miracle...Lavin is a good coach, but he's not great...plus I don't think he would have the desire to take on a job like that...St. Johns on the other hand is already sort of set up for success, all they need is a good coach like Lavin.

At St John's he is going to be competing with Duke, North Caroline, Syracuse, U Conn, etc. for the top recruits in the NY area. It has a great tradition and plays in one of the true basketball meca's, it will be interesting to see who he can recruit.

St. John's easy. It wasn't that long ago that they've had success and they've done it with different coaches. DePaul has done nothing to prove that they can succeed in the post-Meyer era.

How could you pass on St John's? NYC as your recruiting playground is a no brainer right? btw, the wife is smoking hot!!

St. John's without a shadow of a doubt. BTW just looked up his wife. Very, very impressive. If he can land her recruiting shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Bleed. I read the story, but the main thing I got out of it is, Lav has a really hot wife.

Had never seen her before. No matter what Lav does on the court, he's clearly a high achiever off it.

This is my early vote for Gopherhole statement of the year.

As a recent DePaul grad, I'd say he made the right choice

Lavin is in great shape to look like a genius. He inherits a team that went 17-16 and returns all five starters.(I feel a bit for the previous coach, it seems like next year would be a pay-off year for his efforts). He's already reaching out to Gene Keady.

And SS said it right. That wife of his is a very beautiful woman.

Lavin WAS a high achiever when it came to recruiting.

He just couldn't out coach anyone.

Wife looks like an alien. Wonder which of Saturn's moons she comes from.

Top Bottom