Halfway Point, 14-1. What do you think?

Here is my analysis....We have won 14 and lost 1. That's it. What does this mean coming up??? Each game is a new game. That's it.

A win is a win

It is true we played a soft non conference schedule. But winning 14 of 15 games against any competition is nothing to overlook.

Look at Boston College. Beat North Carolina by seven points on the road and then lose to Harvard by twelve at home.

I also think Iowa is much better than many people think.

Iowa makes teams look bad. Still, The hawks lost the game more than Minn. won it. Iowa passed up to many good shots in a fruitless effort to get the ball inside. They only went back to the outside game ,that gave them an early lead ,when it was to late. This was a fine win for the Gophers. But, I hoped they would play much better.

I'm very happy with it. We've won some nice games so it isn't like it's all schedule. Plus I think the dynamics of this team makes me think we'll be significantly better at the end of the year than now. We play with great depth and that will cause a lot of problems for our opponents. I also think we'll have a pretty strong rotation if we need to for tougher games at the end of the season. I like the way it's coming together.

I'm with Dr.Don, I have very few if any complaints while we sit here at 14-1.

I'm also hoping for 15-1 tomorrow!!! :D:D

Thanks, MRJ. I am predicting a Gopher blowout tomorrow, the PUPS are learning the intensity of Big10 thanks to the Dominant one, Tubby. The PUPS are learning that it does not matter which of the PACK gets the FINAL kill, it is the whole pack that does it together. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, MRJ. I am predicting a Gopher blowout tomorrow, the PUPS are learning the intensity of Big10 thanks to the Dominant one, Tubby. The PUPS are learning that it does not matter which of the PACK gets the FINAL kill, it is the whole pack that does it together. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Don, I love the enthusiasm, but I have to ask if you are related to Wren? He also loved to repeat themes to drive a point home. This isn't a criticism because I like posters that have their own style. Your style just reminded me of Wren.

WAGopher:

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!! My style is me. I just love the way the Leader of the Pack, the Dominant one, one Tubby Smith, is teaching the PUPS how to do it. The way of the pack. And the PACK of hungry Gophers can succeed. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!

Boy, keeping it in perspective: if in early October we all could have been told the that Gophs would be 14/1 right now we all would have been thrilled. Same for a 2/1 conference record. I'm not sure the team is top 25 worthy - as a matter of fact I don't think that they are, but expectations of that early in the season would have been considered pretty lofty. As a "mid-season" assessment, they are doing pretty darn well for a young team! There will be bumps aplenty ahead, but hopefully not this afternoon. I'd like to stay ranked a while longer.

I'll take the record as is, it's very good, still seeing 5-7 more losses as the BT is so tough to win on the road.

Trout, you are absolutely right about tough to win on the road in the BT, that is why Tubby has to teach his Gopher Pack of PUPS how to protect the home turf, then take it one game at a time. I expect to hear a lot of noise from the BARNYARD today. GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom