St. John's Hires Lavin

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5041205

I've heard that ESPN has offered Tubby an analyst position to fill Lavin's void...

If that happens (which is highly likely) I'd hope the Gophers strike back by stealing Digger Phelps from ESPN. Digger is a great basketball mind. Further, he LOVES the Big 10 and especially the Gophers. He just raves and raves about the quality of the Big 10 and how he wishes Notre Dame and the Big East could live up that standard. Yes, he definately gets my vote.

Good for him - I'm going to miss him on ESPN broadcasts though. He was one analyst that actually liked the Big 10.

Good for him - I'm going to miss him on ESPN broadcasts though. He was one analyst that actually liked the Big 10.

I agree. I was listening to either KFAN or WCCO last week and Lavin was on talking about whether he would get back into coaching or not. I guess he is.

Lavin

Best of luck to him. I have always liked him.

Now he is free of Brent Musburger.

:clap::clap::clap:

Darn, I'll miss Lavin.

Spread that Keady coaching tree though, Steve! Good luck.

If that happens (which is highly likely) I'd hope the Gophers strike back by stealing Digger Phelps from ESPN. Digger is a great basketball mind. Further, he LOVES the Big 10 and especially the Gophers. He just raves and raves about the quality of the Big 10 and how he wishes Notre Dame and the Big East could live up that standard. Yes, he definately gets my vote.

Very funny stuff howeda, yet it kind of makes me sick too.

I'm happy for Lavin. He's one of their best, most charismatic and (most importantly) fair analysts. He has great knowledge and a great respect for the history and traditions of college basketball. Lav will be missed big time.

I'm happy for Lavin. He's one of their best, most charismatic and (most importantly) fair analysts. He has great knowledge and a great respect for the history and traditions of college basketball. Lav will be missed big time.

I agree. Lavin was one of their best analysts and I'll miss his commentary, especially if they replace him with someone in the Digger Phelps or Dick Vitale vain.

Having said that, I also really like Jason Williams. I even like Jason Williams, Hubert Davis, Jay Bilas, and Len Elmore. Digger or Gottlieb? Have to get back to you on those two. ;)

Working with Erin Andrews is reason enough not to leave ESPN. Most of the ESPN CBB are pretty good. I like Bilas, Davis, Williams, Forde, Elmore is terrible. There best ANALYSIS by far is Bob Knight. He has forgotten more about basketball then the rest of those guys combined. Dickie V is good for CBB but a TERRIBLE analyst. I'm pretty sure I know more about basketball than he does.

The one guy I can't stand is Digger. He has always had it in for Purdue and the B10 in general. He always picks against us. Somehow he was able to say a few nice words about the Boilers during there NCAA run.

Working with Erin Andrews is reason enough not to leave ESPN. Most of the ESPN CBB are pretty good. I like Bilas, Davis, Williams, Forde, Elmore is terrible. There best ANALYSIS by far is Bob Knight. He has forgotten more about basketball then the rest of those guys combined. Dickie V is good for CBB but a TERRIBLE analyst. I'm pretty sure I know more about basketball than he does.

The one guy I can't stand is Digger. He has always had it in for Purdue and the B10 in general. He always picks against us. Somehow he was able to say a few nice words about the Boilers during there NCAA run.

Digger is awful.

I had a lot of reservations when I heard Bobby Knight was joining ESPN, I hated him as a coach, just as I hated Indiana. But I love it now, that man just knows basketball.

I wasn't a huge Lavin fan, but I certainly never had a problem with him, unlike a lot of other analysts.

Digger is awful.

I had a lot of reservations when I heard Bobby Knight was joining ESPN, I hated him as a coach, just as I hated Indiana. But I love it now, that man just knows basketball.

love knight as an analyst. straight to the point, doesn't need to flair it up, and definitely knows his stuff.

Top Bottom