Justice department reviewing deal - Oregon

Blizzard

Reaction score
Justice department reviewing football coaches deal - Oregon

Marcus just tweeted this-

EUGENE, Ore. -- The Oregon Justice Department confirmed it plans to review the $2.3 million severance payment from the University of Oregon to former athletic director Mike Bellotti.

"There's really not much that I can say except that the attorney general wants to get as much information on it as he can," Justice Department spokesman Tony Green said of Oregon attorney general John Kroger, according to the Eugene Register-Guard. "There was enough in the newspapers and on TV and people raising questions about it that it warrants a review. Part of the review is looking at the law."

There's quite a bit more to the story and whether that would have any bearing on Tubby, I guess, would be debatable. My guess would be that Tubby wouldn't want to be near anything like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5040095

Reason #108 why Tubby isn't going anywhere!

It will provide a nice out for Marcus Fuller. That f-ing story of his is THE source for all of this.

Now he can just say another " source " says that Tubby, in light of recent events, will be turning down Oregon's offer.

Jeebus. The Oregon athletic department has had more than a few missteps recently and this is just the latest. On top of floating baseless rumors regarding Tom Izzo, having football players arrested frequently and now having the justice department looking into Mike Bellotti's departure, it certainly appears that the inmates are running the asylum out there.

it certainly appears that the inmates are running the asylum out there.

Lots of pretty unhappy comments if you click on them from that article.

What a mess.

Reason #108 why Tubby isn't going anywhere!

It will provide a nice out for Marcus Fuller. That f-ing story of his is THE source for all of this.

Now he can just say another " source " says that Tubby, in light of recent events, will be turning down Oregon's offer.

It sure does feel as if Marcus' "source" has fueled this entire thing, crazy as that is. And now Marcus tweets this - talk about covering all sides of it:

"My gut says Tubby stays, but you never know. Nobody knows what he's thinking but him."

Go Gophers!!

Why do I keep on thinking - Calipari to Oregon. :)

Nike/Wes/Hand shake deals?

Sounds perfect.

Why would any self respecting coach (with a job) accept the position at Oregon when you don't even know who you're working for? Who is the next AD? Is the next AD calling the shots or is Phil Knight call the shots?

Is it just me or does it seem odd that Beloti would fire the coach and then resign within a week or two for somebody else to carry on the search for a new coach?

There is something fishy going on at Oregon.

Why would any self respecting coach (with a job) accept the position at Oregon when you don't even know who you're working for? Who is the next AD? Is the next AD calling the shots or is Phil Knight call the shots?

Is it just me or does it seem odd that Beloti would fire the coach and then resign within a week or two for somebody else to carry on the search for a new coach?

There is something fishy going on at Oregon.

The Oregon deal smells...all the way out here. Unfortunately, the stink is going to attach to whoever steps into the sh!t flowing in the Duck Athletic Department. Triggered by the state, don't be surprised if an NCCA investigation is next.

Heavy, reinforced Nike boots will issued to the lucky guy who signs with Phil.

Top Bottom