Maurice Walker Has Family Here?

Blizzard

Reaction score
I caught just a tiny snippet from the Rutgers basketball website-

Walker, who is from Toronto, Ont., said a combination of coach Tubby Smith and having family in Minnesota are making the Golden Gophers an attractive choice .

This would be encouraging news for me.

I wonder if he literally means family or if he is referring to Devoe Joseph, because I've read a few quotes where he really emphasizes the fact that the Jospeh brothers are like family to him. Hopefully he has real family here too. I'm feeling pretty confident about our chances with him either way.

GOTR

I wonder if he literally means family or if he is referring to Devoe Joseph, because I've read a few quotes where he really emphasizes the fact that the Jospeh brothers are like family to him. Hopefully he has real family here too. I'm feeling pretty confident about our chances with him either way.

YES. I hope for a Canadian invasion! Bring 'em on !

Paint a maple leaf on the Barn floor. That would be an improvement over CUB anyway!

:clap::clap::clap:

This is my question as well. I know he was recently quoted as saying that he feels Devoe "is like a brother to him." Whether that means Walker actually equates that with having family in Minnesota, I don't know. But if he truly considers Devoe "family", then yeah, I guess it would mean he has family in Minnesota.

Well, Myron's blog quotes Walker as saying that while the other schools have a chance, if he likes what he sees on his visit, he'll likely commit to the Gophers. Sorry, doesn't really have anything to do with whether he technically has family in Minnesota or not. Either way, it sounds good to me!!!

Sign Walker and Cory and get ready to sing Oh Canada

Top Bottom