Under what conditions will Cory Joseph sign with the Gophers?

Under what conditions will Cory Joseph sign with the Gophers?

• Cory will sign only if Maurice Walker signs too

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Cory will sign regardless of what happens with Maurice Walker

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • Cory will NOT sign with the Gophers regardless of what happens with Walker or Tubby

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters

If UConn, Villanova and Texas all go on probation and are banned from the NCAA Tournament prior to making his decision.

Maybe not 0%, but certainly less than those other schools. Would love to be wrong. From the sounds of it, our basketball program could use this young man at a position where we could use some help.

Fair enough. Personally I have a hard time counting us out when his brother, former teammate who is "like family," and own mother want him to come here. I've voiced my opinion on this plenty though, so I'll keep my mouth shut and wait to see what happens. Hopefully he will be a Gopher.

GOTR

Fair enough. Personally I have a hard time counting us out when his brother, former teammate who is "like family," and own mother want him to come here. I've voiced my opinion on this plenty though, so I'll keep my mouth shut and wait to see what happens. Hopefully he will be a Gopher.

+1

Those are good things to have on our side of the ledger.

I hope for the best.

I put our chances at a solid 25%. UConn, Nova and Texas are a hair out of our league. But we have things in our favor they can't match.

Maybe not 0%, but certainly less than those other schools. Would love to be wrong. From the sounds of it, our basketball program could use this young man at a position where we could use some help.

No, it's 0%.

The Cory Joesph chatter is starting to intensify. Texas fans are suddenly pretty confident that Joseph will be a Longhorn. The Texas Rivals premium board has exploded with Joseph talk.

Yeah, I was wondering if you were talking about that. Not sounding good unfortuantely, but hopefully they are all wrong. Wouldn't be the first time a fan base thought they had a player locked up but ended up being wrong. Harrison Barnes to Duke comes to mind. We'll see though, still hoping for the best.

:confused::confused::confused: Is this just your hunch, or do you know something we don't?

Texas fans supposedly have inside info that he's going to Texas. For all we know they could be making it up though or are just misinformed. Not very encouraging, but I'm not giving up on him until he signs on the dotted line. If we don't get him then at least we are leading for Walker and Royce better get his act together if he hasn't already and make his return.

Plin

And you would base that on . . . nothing?

To be fair, you are basing your 0% on what? Traffic volume on the Texas fan blogs?

Having Cory's older brother on our squad and Tubby as our coach has to give us something higher than 0%.

To say otherwise without corroborative evidence is silly, IMHO.

Mom Knows Best

When you are a star everyone wants something from you. Except for one person, Mom. She is probably the only person who wants whats best for Cory with nothing in it for herself. Cory will be a star and succesful, where ever he goes. He should do what Mom says (I think he will).

For some strange reason, and I have nothing to base this on but gut feeling, I think he might end up landing here.

To tag onto that, if he came here, and if Trevor gets cleared, I think we are a potential final 4 team. How's that for walking on sunshine?

Why less than the other schools?

All that Texas message board traffic is based on an "insider" getting a text message that read "Joseph is in."

I do have a hunch he will land with Texas, but that rumor means nothing. Remember Seantrel to OSU and Miami within days of his choices?

He's going to Texas or UCONN, IMO...

And since I know you will ask, I have nothing to base that on, except for the fact that they are top end BB schools that put lots of players in the NBA.

And you would base that on . . . nothing?

Devoe at Minnesota. Cory's Mom likes Minnesota. Cory's friend Mo Walker likes Minnesota.

And a hunch. 33% to 50% chance he'll be a Gopher.

That's 50% to 67% that he won't be.

All that Texas message board traffic is based on an "insider" getting a text message that read "Joseph is in."

I do have a hunch he will land with Texas, but that rumor means nothing. Remember Seantrel to OSU and Miami within days of his choices?

This is exactly what it made me think of, so hopefully it's a similar situation and we end up being the benficiaries this time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5040936

After reading this I feel like Cojo might be more of a one and done player if he's getting this type of praise...so that might not help the gophs

One and dones can help a program still. If he came here, and really was a pro-level talent that seriously could leave after one season, I'm pretty sure that means we will make a deep tourney run because that means we're getting elite level PG play, which can take you very far. I'll take it, if that were to actually come to fruition.

Top Bottom