If you had to choose TODAY...

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
...between adding Cory Joseph or Royce White for the entire 2010-11 season, who would you choose? Again, this is if you had to make the decision today not knowing Mbawke's status.

Its a no brainer. Joseph. He doesn't carry the baggage that White already does. And we need a offensive PG in a bad way.

Joseph. Him and his brother could make one hell of a backcourt.

White is too much of an unknown.

Cory Joseph and it should be a no brainer.

Joseph plays a position of need.

Joseph is a 5 star recruit Royce was a 4 star.

Joseph hasn't shown signs of being a headcase like Royce has.

Royce was a 5 star.

I thought he was a 4 star. I guess Rivals had him as a 5 and Scout had him as 4. Joseph is a 5 star on both recruiting websites so I'd still say Joseph is more highly touted than Royce was.

I thought he was a 4 star. I guess Rivals had him as a 5 and Scout had him as 4. Joseph is a 5 star on both recruiting websites so I'd still say Joseph is more highly touted than Royce was.

Royce was a 5 star

I'm more of a Rivals guy but I will agree with that and I think Cory is ranked slightly higher than Royce was. That being said, I will take Royce.
________
XVZ1300

Royce. IMO he has more potential to be a dominant offensive player and that is the #1 thing we've been missing the last few years.

However, I think we have a good shot at having both play here.

Id be happy with either.

If I had to pick one I would pick Joseph. Hard to find a dominant PG.

Cory Joseph.

I'd take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday over Royce White.

Cory Joseph no doubt.

You win college ball with your guards. Joseph is a terrific shooter and point guard two things we need. Hoffarber will be done after next season which would leave us with a major hole in our shooting but Cory Joseph would more than fill that role in the offense. Thinking a bit ahead how much fun could a lineup of Joseph, Joseph, Williams, Sampson, and Iverson be? Athletic, balanced, and big up front.

I have not heard many good things about Royce White even before he came to the U. His problems off the floor are far bigger than anything on the floor could be. White is a good player or is supposed to be a good player but his off court issues are a huge problem for me. I would rather move on from the problems and go in a different direction.

When is the last time we had a dominant power forward? Courtney James? I'll take Royce.

Royce?

people who would take Royce are insane

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

I bet you also keep rewatching Titanic expecting the ship not to sink the next time you watch it.

people who would take Royce are insane

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

I bet you also keep rewatching Titanic expecting the ship not to sink the next time you watch it.

:clap:

Joseph cuz he is rated higher and he can step in and fill a huge need where we really have nobody else to fill. With White, we have Mbakwe (assuming everything on the legal front ends up fine) to step in at the 4.

It's the age-old question. ... do you take the devil that you know or the devil that you don't know? I'd take my chances with Cory (Royce has had plenty of chances), though I think it's more likely we'll see White in the maroon & gold than Cory.

This is a no-brainer in more ways than just attitude/actions. A top-notch point guard is always more important than a power fwd. imo.

Plus, I have serious doubts about Royce being able to make it through an entire season.

Top Bottom