AP All Americans Named for 2009-10

Luke Harangody a third-team All-American? Excuse me for a moment while I puke.

How does Kentucky have two first team All Americans. Wall I can see, Cousins maybe third team. They are picking it based on NBA daft potential not performance. If this is the case, with Patterson and Bledsoe also on the team, Kentucky should have been as dominating as North Carolina was last year.

Lot's of media hype.

Real Men of Genius

Lot's of media hype.

Saw this today while roaming around the internet about Kentucky ..

Bud Light Presents: Real Men of Genius
(real men of genius)
Today, we salute you, Massively Overhyped Basketball Team.
(Massively Overhyped Basketball Team)
Any good team can flame out in the Elite 8 but your loss required 17 fire trucks
to stop the blaze.
(I can still see the embers)
Defense? You don't need no stinking defense.
You have your own hip hop dance.
Normal fans are overrated; you step it up and bring C list celebrites.
(Ashley's looking mighty rough now)
And even though the national title eluded you
You will forever be #1 in the recruiting rankings.
(More stars than the Big Dipper)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Massively Overhyped Basketball Team
The NBA draft is only a few short months away.

(real men of genius)
Any good team can flame out in the Elite 8 but your loss required 17 fire trucks
to stop the blaze.

Hard to see why this team is considered massively overhyped. This team lost only 3 games all season (including the NCAA Tournament) and won their conference tournament. They also made it two rounds further than Kansas (the only other team with 3 or fewer losses this season) in the tournament, reaching the Elite 8. In addition they have arguably the most exciting player in basketball, John Wall, who is also likely to be the #1 overall pick in the upcoming June draft, they have 3 other likely NBA first rounders in Cousins, Bledsoe, and Patterson. I would say this team is appropriately hyped. If anyone was "massively overhyped" it was Kansas.

(real men of genius)
to stop the blaze.
LOL, epic.

So Turner got 1st team and then the rest of the All-Big Ten first team got honorable mention, except McCamey. Not bad I guess, but the conference deserves more than four.

Hard to see why this team is considered massively overhyped. This team lost only 3 games all season (including the NCAA Tournament) and won their conference tournament. They also made it two rounds further than Kansas (the only other team with 3 or fewer losses this season) in the tournament, reaching the Elite 8. In addition they have arguably the most exciting player in basketball, John Wall, who is also likely to be the #1 overall pick in the upcoming June draft, they have 3 other likely NBA first rounders in Cousins, Bledsoe, and Patterson. I would say this team is appropriately hyped. If anyone was "massively overhyped" it was Kansas.

Few thoughts on why they're over-hyped-

You mention their talent. If they're that talented then they should have won the championship. Florida did it with all their talent and so did UNC. Calipari again proves he can't win the big one.

You have a coach making $4 MM a year. He should at least get you to the Final Four with Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson, etc.

They can't make free throws. When you have 4 first rounders you should be able to make a free throw.

Few thoughts on why they're over-hyped-

You mention their talent. If they're that talented then they should have won the championship. Florida did it with all their talent and so did UNC. Calipari again proves he can't win the big one.

You have a coach making $4 MM a year. He should at least get you to the Final Four with Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Patterson, etc.

They can't make free throws. When you have 4 first rounders you should be able to make a free throw.

Kentucky is hyped as one of the best teams in the country with a roster full of some of the best players in the country. Kentucky finished tied for the fewest losses in the nation at the D1 level, won their conference tournament and made it to the elite 8. Losing to West Virginia, the 7th best team in the country based on tournament seeding, does not disqualify them from being one of the best teams in the country.

The Florida and UNC points are irrelevant. This is an extreme logic fail. Most of the time good/very good teams win. Sometimes they don't. Example: The Fab 5 Michigan lost to UNC in 1993. Was their team overhyped? Absolutely not. The fact is they ran into ANOTHER good team and lost. It happens. Similarly it happened to Kentucky. It doesn't mean they aren't a very good team.

The Calipari comment is also ludicrous. Kentucky went 35-3 this year. Two of those losses came against teams that made the Elite 8, one of which (WVU) has a really good shot at being the national champion. None of those losses were at home. This year's success and media attention are easily was worth the contract.

And yes, free throws were a problem for Kentucky this year. They shot 68% on the year, good for around 210th in D1 basketball. This is clearly not very good. However pointing out one flaw in a sea of strengths is not usually a good foundation for argument. The team was 18th in the nation in scoring among D1 teams. They were also pretty good defensively. Make no mistake, the 2009-2010 Kentucky team were a very, very talented team.

I have no idea why people on this board have such a problem with Kentucky. We would be very fortunate to be in Kentucky's position right now. John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins are going to be free marketing for Kentucky for many, many years to come.

Lighten up Francis. The Bud Light song is pretty funny.

Kentucky is hyped as one of the best teams in the country with a roster full of some of the best players in the country. Kentucky finished tied for the fewest losses in the nation at the D1 level, won their conference tournament and made it to the elite 8. Losing to West Virginia, the 7th best team in the country based on tournament seeding, does not disqualify them from being one of the best teams in the country.

The Florida and UNC points are irrelevant. This is an extreme logic fail. Most of the time good/very good teams win. Sometimes they don't. Example: The Fab 5 Michigan lost to UNC in 1993. Was their team overhyped? Absolutely not. The fact is they ran into ANOTHER good team and lost. It happens. Similarly it happened to Kentucky. It doesn't mean they aren't a very good team.

The Calipari comment is also ludicrous. Kentucky went 35-3 this year. Two of those losses came against teams that made the Elite 8, one of which (WVU) has a really good shot at being the national champion. None of those losses were at home. This year's success and media attention are easily was worth the contract.

And yes, free throws were a problem for Kentucky this year. They shot 68% on the year, good for around 210th in D1 basketball. This is clearly not very good. However pointing out one flaw in a sea of strengths is not usually a good foundation for argument. The team was 18th in the nation in scoring among D1 teams. They were also pretty good defensively. Make no mistake, the 2009-2010 Kentucky team were a very, very talented team.

I have no idea why people on this board have such a problem with Kentucky. We would be very fortunate to be in Kentucky's position right now. John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins are going to be free marketing for Kentucky for many, many years to come.

Huggins is 8-1 (career) vs. Calipari.

I would've like to have seen James Anderson make first team. I wouldn't mind him on the Wolves either.

Top Bottom