Gary Parrish: Cole Aldrich to declare for NBA Draft

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

"Kansas center Cole Alrich will declare for the NBA Draft today, a source told CBSSports.com."

Go Gophers!!

per this tweet:

"Kansas center Cole Alrich will declare for the NBA Draft today, a source told CBSSports.com."

Go Gophers!!

If I were him, I would go back and have a monster senior year. He didn't have a very good year this year.

If I were him, I would go back and have a monster senior year. He didn't have a very good year this year.

I agree with you, playing another year and not competing with Demarcus cousins and Greg Monroe..... he would improve his stock.

I agree with you, playing another year and not competing with Demarcus cousins and Greg Monroe..... he would improve his stock.

The only way Aldrich would improve his stock is if he took a huge step forward and was in contention for NPOY. The NBA draft is all about potential and scouts have a good idea where Aldrich will go (probably mid to late lottery) unless something changes dramatically. He would have to show that he has the potential to be a legit number option on offense, which is pretty unlikely to happen. Ask Willie Warren how going back to school improved his stock!

The only way Aldrich would improve his stock is if he took a huge step forward and was in contention for NPOY. The NBA draft is all about potential and scouts have a good idea where Aldrich will go (probably mid to late lottery) unless something changes dramatically. He would have to show that he has the potential to be a legit number option on offense, which is pretty unlikely to happen. Ask Willie Warren how going back to school improved his stock!

I agree. I just think if anything he came out and made himself look either...

A) Limited in his improvement year over year
B) Soft

This is a bad comparison, but this is like Rick Rickert going out a year too late and not trying to improve off a lackluster year.

Why should he go back to school? He's already getting his degree after 3 years (he was an academic all-american) & he's still expected to go in the first round. The NBA might have a lockout after the 2011 draft and not even have a season, so now is the time to go. No reason to go back for another year when you've already earned your degree & you want to play in the NBA.

I think he'll be an average pro at best. Probably will make some money though. Hope the Wolves don't draft him. Don't know how he'll score at the next level.

I think he'll be an average pro at best. Probably will make some money though. Hope the Wolves don't draft him. Don't know how he'll score at the next level.
Joel Pryz is an "average" pro that doesn't know how to score, and will have over $15 mil+ in the bank before he's done.

I think Cole will take it.

Joel Pryz is an "average" pro that doesn't know how to score, and will have over $15 mil+ in the bank before he's done.

Not sure if you were talking about after taxes and expenses, etc. but Przybilla has already made almost $30 mil, and probably still has another 3-5 years of earning potential left in him.

Agree. I would go pro too if I were Aldrich. I just dont think he'll be an impact player in the NBA. I dont think he is good enough on offense and is not athletic enough.

Cole in the pro's?

The first question an NBA scouts asks is wether a player has a next level skill?
Shot blocking.

The second question is can he defend a position?
Most centers, bigger power forwards.

He will get a negative in the athleticism and in shape department and a positive in basketball IQ.
He will go somewhere between 7-12 in the lottery. He will be better than Pryzbilla, who is better than almost any "center" the wolves have ever had.

Within two years I could see him getting 11 pts, 8 reb, 3 blks a game.

Because of the potential 2011 lockout, you'll see many more than usual underclassman declare if they're sitting on the fence, making the draft deeper than normal. If you're a Wolves fan, it should make for some good value for all 3 first round picks. If you're a fan of college basketball, it's not a good thing.

As for Cole Adrich, I think he'll have an 8-10 year NBA career where he's mostly a bench player averaging 8 pts and 5 rbs/game. He'll be a safe pick for a team picking in the 10-15 range. I would be shocked if he becomes anything close to an NBA All-star but I also think his presense inside defensively will be of value to borderline playoff teams in the NBA picking in that range.

Top Bottom