Marcus Reports Mo Walker Working Cory Joseph To Package

akgopher

Reaction score
Marcus quotes Gopher Illustrated/Rivals reporting that Walker trying to sell the idea of committing to the Gophers together to Cory Joseph.

Marcus is all over the map the last few days. Will they both want to play at Oregon?

I don't think Marcus said Tubby was going to Oregon..he just reported what seems like the truth..that they wanted Tubby. If we land Walker / Joseph.. I may need to take a personal day at work to celebrate.

I would totally take Joseph and Walker, even if it means giving up on White.

A majority of our starting 5 could be Canadiens.

I would totally take Joseph and Walker, even if it means giving up on White.

A majority of our starting 5 could be Canadiens.

A chance there could be a spot for Royce White if Cory Joseph comes it could give Justin Cobbs the nudge to bolt and Trevor Mbwake's legal situation isn't clear.

That would be amazing! -- and also very possible!

Also, if Cobbs transfers, Royce presumably would have a spot, too.

That's be a real coup for Tubby, imo. Walker (Like Eliason) is a project but given we have two more years of Colt & Ralph we would be able to let these two new bigs get their feet wet before jumping in full time in 2013. You can never have too many quality bigs.

It sounds like Walker has some serious Minnesota interest given the recruiting situations at Pitt and UConn.

It sounds like Walker has some serious Minnesota interest given the recruiting situations at Pitt and UConn.

And here I thought that Tubby was out recruiting for Oregon the other day. Hmmm. Must have changed his mind. :p

Anyway, I would say that if GI is reporting that Walker is working the Minnesota angle with Cory Joseph that it certainly indicates serious interest. You can probably also bet that Devoe is working on both of them behind the scenes as well. Should be interesting to see how this whole Walker-Cory thing plays itself out.

mrj

And here I thought that Tubby was out recruiting for Oregon the other day. Hmmm. Must have changed his mind. :p

Anyway, I would say that if GI is reporting that Walker is working the Minnesota angle with Cory Joseph that it certainly indicates serious interest. You can probably also bet that Devoe is working on both of them behind the scenes as well. Should be interesting to see how this whole Walker-Cory thing plays itself out.

This would defy my "if it's to good to be true..." meme.

Please. Let this be true! We could use some good news. Are we not worthy?

:)

Let's see if I can figure this out - if Cobbs goes back to Cali & everything falls into place ...

- - - 1st team -- 2nd team -- 3rd team
-------------------------------------------------
PG --- Nolen ---- CoJo -------- B Allen
SG --- Blake ---- DeJo -------- Hollins
SF ---- PCart ---- RWill -------- DDawson
PF ---- RS3 ------ RWhite------ MoWalk
CE ---- C45 ------ Mbak -------- Eliason

This would defy my "if it's to good to be true..." meme.

Please. Let this be true! We could use some good news. Are we not worthy?

:)

Yeah, I have to admit I'm with ya on the whole "if it's too good to be true...." thing.

But on another level and to answer your quesiton: We ABSOLUTELY deserve some good news. :D

Therefore, I think I'll stay optimistic on this one. ;)

Let's see if I can figure this out - if Cobbs goes back to Cali & everything falls into place ...

Wouldn't be a bad looking bunch huh??? ;)

If this is our team, 2nd team would absolutely demolish 1st team. No way that's our starting five, four players on your 2nd team would likely be starting.

I'm just talkin game one - Tubby has to go with experience first ...

Would the 2nd teamers beat the 1st teamers? Cory Joseph is a very good basketball player. Come play for us! Oh and bring Mo too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD01T8E4OwQ

There is no way Devoe loses his starting spot next year IMO. I think Hoffarber becomes a great sixth man next year if we have all that depth in the backcourt. He'll still get plenty of minutes early off the bench. If Cory is as good of a defender as he is hyped up to be, I think he starts from day 1 too.

I'm just talkin game one - Tubby has to go with experience first ...

Sorry, if C. Joseph signs here he starts over Nolen from day one. Nolen becomes our PG version of Chris Kramer, off the bench. Also, Mbakwe would almost assuredly start over RS3/Iverson.

Sorry, if C. Joseph signs here he starts over Nolen from day one. Nolen becomes our PG version of Chris Kramer, off the bench. Also, Mbakwe would almost assuredly start over RS3/Iverson.

If Royce, Cory(please god) or Devoe are not starting game one I would be appalled.

If Royce, Cory(please god) or Devoe are not starting game one I would be appalled.

I'd be shocked if Royce White is starting game 1 for the Gophers next year. Even if he comes back, has everything in order, etc, there's no way Tubby let's him start at the beginning of the season, IMO.

I'd be shocked if Royce White is starting game 1 for the Gophers next year. Even if he comes back, has everything in order, etc, there's no way Tubby let's him start at the beginning of the season, IMO.

I disagree...

I think Tubby's fair. He realizes Royce has been punished enough. I think if he doesn't start (if he's back), it's because Tubby feels like we have better options at that position.

This would instantly make our 2010 recruiting class top 25 & shut up all the whiners complaining about this class being a bust.

Package Deals

Put me in the "too good to be true" category, as well. If it happens, that's great, but I think these ideas are more for discussion by observers than they are plans by players.

The only package deal I can ever remember the Gophers being in was Kevin Burleson and Doug Wrenn. The package was incomplete. (We got the better end of it, by the way.) The idea was great, but even Wrenn said years later that is was never going to happen.

Here's to changing history. The move fills two gaping holes in one package.

Maybe we need to check in with Seth Davis to find out if it is true.

Put me in the "too good to be true" category, as well. If it happens, that's great, but I think these ideas are more for discussion by observers than they are plans by players.

The only package deal I can ever remember the Gophers being in was Kevin Burleson and Doug Wrenn. The package was incomplete. (We got the better end of it, by the way.) The idea was great, but even Wrenn said years later that is was never going to happen.

I don't think this idea is out of the realm of possibilites. According to a Pittsburgh message board their coaches told Walker that they would love to have him if their scholarship situation happens to clear up, but until then he won't have a real offer. Soon after he scheduled a visit to Minnesota. I already thought we had a good chance with Cory, but with the thought if these two former teammates playing together again would make it seem like even more of a possibilty. By the way, what other teams are we really competing with for Walker if Pitt doesn't have an opening? None that make me think we are an inferior possibility.

I don't think this idea is out of the realm of possibilites. According to a Pittsburgh message board their coaches told Walker that they would love to have him if their scholarship situation happens to clear up, but until then he won't have a real offer. Soon after he scheduled a visit to Minnesota. I already thought we had a good chance with Cory, but with the thought if these two former teammates playing together again would make it seem like even more of a possibilty. By the way, what other teams are we really competing with for Walker if Pitt doesn't have an opening? None that make me think we are an inferior possibility.

Well according to Walker himself, he listed Pitt and Minnesota as his favorites... so if Pitt can't really offer, we are only competing with ourselves...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Maurice-Walker-82572

^^ shows the list of schools he is considering and which ones have offered

This isn't just speculation of a connection that the idea came from, they were Walker's own words:

"Devoe being there has a big impact," Maurice explained. "Me and him are like family. Me, him, and his little brother Cory (Cory Joseph). I was talking to Cory the other day trying to tell that him that if this is where I'm going he should come along with me so all three of us could be there together. We are all like family as we are close and our parents are close as we've been together since we were young so that (playing at Minnesota together) would be good."

I'm not saying it will happen, but he's definitely talked about it with both Joseph Brothers.

If we get Cory ,Royce, Mo, and Trevor

Tubby will go with experience in the case of cojo and nolan but I still see cojo getting at least 13 minutes a game at point and shooting guard and hoff coming off the bench getting at least 13 minutes a game at shooting guard and small forward. With the depth in athletes and players who understand what Tubby wants we will have the stingiest defense in the nation and OUR PRESS OMG!

Tubby will go with experience in the case of cojo and nolan but I still see cojo getting at least 13 minutes a game at point and shooting guard and hoff coming off the bench getting at least 13 minutes a game at shooting guard and small forward. With the depth in athletes and players who understand what Tubby wants we will have the stingiest defense in the nation and OUR PRESS OMG!

No chance. Nolen offers virtually nothing offensively and Cory is a top 10 recruit who also happens to be very good defensively. Cory starts day 1, no question.

Top Bottom