Anybody impressed with Butler

march madness

Reaction score
Butler impresses me to no end. And now that they have a backup post player playing well, 6'10' freshmen Smith, anything is possible.

They are shorter, lighter, slower, than every team they play.. but they win, win, win. As someone who appreciates the fundamentals nearly as much as the spectacular, I really enjoy this team. I knew Howard was solid, and I had heard Hayward was drawing NBA interest, but I've been impressed with Nored and especially Mack. Mack is carrying this team.

I watched them play twice out in Anaheim, Mack was their best player during those two games. DJ really shut down Hayward when the Gophers played them. Actually the Gophers played very well that game. I remember telling my brother when we watched WVU play that they could be a final 4 team. I certainly never said that about Butler.

I watched them play twice out in Anaheim, Mack was their best player during those two games. DJ really shut down Hayward when the Gophers played them. Actually the Gophers played very well that game. I remember telling my brother when we watched WVU play that they could be a final 4 team. I certainly never said that about Butler.

The 11-3 Gophers (9-3 OOC, 2-0 to start B10) were much better than the 10-11 Gophers that followed the rest of the year.

Top Bottom