Tom Izzo

goldygo4

Reaction score
Did anyone else see on ESPN that every player that Izzo has recruited and stayed for 4 years has played in a Final Four? Now that's impressive(and I'm sure it doesn't hurt to throw that stat out there when recruiting players).

Did anyone else see on ESPN that every player that Izzo has recruited and stayed for 4 years has played in a Final Four? Now that's impressive(and I'm sure it doesn't hurt to throw that stat out there when recruiting players).

Izzo got to FF in 1999-2000-01-05-09-10. He took over at MSU in 1996.

Mostly his recruiting is done in MI with a few in OH and elsewhere.

Izzo got to FF in 1999-2000-01-05-09-10. He took over at MSU in 1996.

Mostly his recruiting is done in MI with a few in OH and elsewhere.

Thanks to people like the Pulleys and the Carrs the same potential exists here. MN basketball has improved exponentially since the early 90's. I think the Timberwolves arriving was a key and Sam Jacobson and Khalid El-Amin were just the beginning. I bet Coach Smith wishes he was here a year earlier and a shot to recruit Aldrich, Taylor, and Leuer.

Another key is that the high quality of the AAU scene here will also help the program have an advantage at landing kids who choose to play here like Barnes and Paige.

Coach Smith is smart enough to know this and has to think that he's got a shot to do something like Izzo being the only game in state and the biggest program between here and Washington and has the potential to be #2 behind Lawrence in recruiting the region extending south of the boarder.

There are better prospects in Michigan than here. They have to fight Michigan for them though and we don't.

Top Bottom