mark rosen on "rosen sport sunday" said tonight about tubby & oregon......

Reaction score
mark rosen on "rosen sport sunday" said tonight about tubby & oregon......

something to the effect "that it sounds (it seemed to me that he was referencing something he had either read or heard just tonight) like tubby is "no longer an option" for oregon." at least that was how it sounded to me. mark rosen kind of rambled through it and wasn't super precise in his reporting of it as it was more of an "in passing" type of thing during a conversation with henry lake who was in studio.

anyways, take it for what it is worth. hope he is "right". at least in how i think that i heard rosen say it.

something to the effect "that it sounds (it seemed to me that he was referencing something he had either read or heard just tonight) like tubby is "no longer an option" for oregon." at least that was how it sounded to me. mark rosen kind of rambled through it and wasn't super precise in his reporting of it as it was more of an "in passing" type of thing during a conversation with henry lake who was in studio.

anyways, take it for what it is worth. hope he is "right". at least in how i think that i heard rosen say it.

Maybe Rosen's quote will be believed. Tubby's quotes haven't been.

mark rosen on "rosen sport sunday" said tonight about tubby & oregon

Lol. Will Rosen's credibility ever live down the " Mauer contract signing " fiasco?

Maybe Oregon wants to get past the first round of the tournament. I'm Kidding!! Seriously, though, I love Tubby and am glad he is here but I don't understand why he is such a hot commodity. He's a great coach, but not a long term solution because he'll probably retire within ten years at the longest. If I were a school looking for a new coach, I'd go after much younger candidates before I settled on Tubby Smith. It would suck if he left, because we'd go through the standard year-plus of rebuilding but I think we could find someone to duplicate the success he's had here.

Lol. Will Rosen's credibility ever live down the " Mauer contract signing " fiasco?

How was that a fiasco? Mauer signed and Rosen knew about it weeks ahead of time, he was just early in his reporting.

Here's how Rosen defended himself-

A visibly defensive Rosen replied, “We could be sitting here two weeks from now saying, ‘I thought you said Joe Mauer was going to sign.’ There’s still a lot of details to be worked out when you’re talking about a legacy contract like this.”

He continued, “When you get a source like this... it’s a disservice not to report it. That’s why you trust sources, and you go, ‘This looks good and it’s going to happen.’ But it’s not a done deal. The bottom line is, can you imagine Joe Mauer and the Twins not coming to a long-term agreement?”

Yes. That is a bottom line. Could anyone imagine that Mauer would not sign a long term deal?

So, let's go with the first " source " that says it's done.

To which Mauer replied-

Joe Mauer laughed at reports that he agreed to a 10 year contract with the Twins. No truth, he says.”

Rosen, is his desire to break a HUGE story, wanted to be first. He was wrong but was right in thinking that Mauer would sign a long term deal.

He jumped the gun and got burned for it.

Top Bottom