CBS' Gary Parrish predicts Oregon will hire Tubby or Turgeon

"We will make every effort to make sure Mark Turgeon remains our coach," Texas A&M athletics director Bill Byrne, coincidentally also a former Oregon athletics director, told The Register-Guard. "And Ducks who remember me will know how hard I'll work to do that. … My [job] is to keep Mark Turgeon as the coach of the Aggies."

vs.

"Somebody will offer him $3 million," Maturi told the St. Paul Pioneer-Press. "We can't pay him $3 million."

is there a way to impeach maturi? or remove him from office by popular vote?

CBS = National Inquirer of Sports

Tubby's name keeps coming up because he is a celebrity. Even non basketball people know his name, history and are interested in reading about him. CBS is making $$$ by getting people to read and repeat their BS.

If Dennis Doddo writes an article "Chris Mack Close to Signing with Auburn". No one knows or cares what he is talking about. He releases his Tubby article just before the Gopher game for maximum exposure. It was total BS. He made it up. It must have worked - lots of hits and comments on his website because they are doing it again. It is all about $$$. As long as it works the National Inquirer will keep doing this.

NCAA BB coaches are fair game. The NCAA and U of M will not do anything to stop this. If he writes an article "Lebron James Close to Retirement, Lebron is tired... blah blah blah...It has been a long season...blah blah blah.... " He is fired. His boss is fired. The secretary and night janitor are fired.

This is not going to stop until Tubby has been at the U for a long time. Just ignore it.

Why isn't Oregon pursuing Randy Bennett from St Mary's? Seems like a logical move to me with his ties to the west coast.

Tubby's name keeps coming up because he is a celebrity. Even non basketball people know his name, history and are interested in reading about him. CBS is making $$$ by getting people to read and repeat their BS.

If Dennis Doddo writes an article "Chris Mack Close to Signing with Auburn". No one knows or cares what he is talking about. He releases his Tubby article just before the Gopher game for maximum exposure. It was total BS. He made it up. It must have worked - lots of hits and comments on his website because they are doing it again. It is all about $$$. As long as it works the National Inquirer will keep doing this.

NCAA BB coaches are fair game. The NCAA and U of M will not do anything to stop this. If he writes an article "Lebron James Close to Retirement, Lebron is tired... blah blah blah...It has been a long season...blah blah blah.... " He is fired. His boss is fired. The secretary and night janitor are fired.

This is not going to stop until Tubby has been at the U for a long time. Just ignore it.

Is Tubby a celebrity coach because of his record, or his name, or both?

I think it is both. Tubby did look good on the Ivan Brother commercials (CBS Internet Coverage of NCAA games). Notice the coaches they chose for the commercials. All well known and very recognizable. So Capital One thinks he is a celebrity.

I think CBS throwing out the rumors will die down after the tournament is over - they are trying to pump the ratings.

http://www.youtube.com/CapitalOne?e..._T_Youtube#p/c/63A8922DD9E3D6B8/5/ylGpsC43J3Y

Nice to see Parrish is reproducing the same old baloney Virginia did last year. Minnesota can't pay as much as Oregon, therefore it's a foregone conclusion Tubby wants to move. Nice job Mr. Parrish. Another insightful piece from the bastion of sports journalism known as CBS. :rolleyes:

"We will make every effort to make sure Mark Turgeon remains our coach," Texas A&M athletics director Bill Byrne, coincidentally also a former Oregon athletics director, told The Register-Guard. "And Ducks who remember me will know how hard I'll work to do that. … My [job] is to keep Mark Turgeon as the coach of the Aggies."

vs.

"Somebody will offer him $3 million," Maturi told the St. Paul Pioneer-Press. "We can't pay him $3 million."

I'm not sure if this is completely accurate about the public stance taken by the two AD's.
But if it is, Maturi should be fired immediately. I know a lot of people here already believe that. I don't think myself knowledgeable enough to weigh in on the subject. But if my employee made the statement made above (given that I'm seeing it a proper context) I'd want him gone.

I'd be surprised if the Butler coach doesn't get some feelers after their run.

I'd be surprised if the Butler coach doesn't get some feelers after their run.

If** Tubby does bolt, his name should come up plenty.

SkitchPatterson said:
Last I heard, he's not going anywhere anytime soon

Hopefully you're not basing that solely on the contract he signed. There are a million examples, including Tan Crean, signed through 2017, who ran off a little bit sooner than the terms of her contract called for.

I'm so sick of reading about Oregon being willing to offer Tubby an extra million a year. Does that really seem like something THAT important to Tubby this late in his career?

I think Tubby wants to stay at Minnesota and using this "talk" with other teams to put the hot seat on Maturi to get the Practice Facility in the working. I believe he wants to stay and end his coaching career at Minnesota but want the Facility to be worked on. I also totally agree that Tubby should get the practice facility as it will get better recruits.

Top Bottom