I hate John Calipari

A monkey could have won 23 or 24 games with this team. Great recruiter due to being a slime ball, but I don't think he can coach worth a sh*t.

I also despise Cal.

Cal definitely seems like a great players coach. Saying that, I hate him too.

My most hated coaches list:

1. Huggins
2. Cal
3. Matta

Sadly, Bo Ryan doesn't even crack the top 5.

Did you guys ever consider the notion that coaches aren't like monarchs? I mean, some of them are dirty, but that means a bunch of other people around them have rolled in the mud, too. Sometimes coaches become the front man for a corrupt organization. You don't really think they accomplish all these major recruiting violations without assistance and in some cases instructions from above. Not excusing, just saying that if I started hating anything about college BB the loop would spread a lot wider than a handful of coaches. In fact, I might start with the two-faced NCAA.

Just curious, why do you all hate him? Have you met him or did he do something bad to you or your families? Or do you hate his coaching? I don't know, just wondering.

My most hated coaches list:

1. Huggins
2. Cal
3. Matta

Sadly, Bo Ryan doesn't even crack the top 5.

Ryan shouldn't crack your top 50. He's a class act who might be one of the top handful of true coaches in the nation.

Ryan shouldn't crack your top 50. He's a class act who might be one of the top handful of true coaches in the nation.

I agree with you on that. I hate all that is Wisconsin, but he really is a good coach. He gets the best out of what he has. He also seems to have a pretty solid moral compass compared to a lot of the coaches at the high D1 level.

And I hate Cal because he has two vacated final fours and consistently bends the rules, but the NCAA lets him go. I also can't stand watching his teams. They are undisciplined, cannot shoot, and play like a street ball team. That type of basketball doesn't particularly strike my fancy. Some may agree and others may not, but thats my opinion.

Yeah, Ryan worked his way up from Division III in the WIAC, which is probably the biggest reason he is the way he is.

I agree with you on that. I hate all that is Wisconsin, but he really is a good coach. He gets the best out of what he has. He also seems to have a pretty solid moral compass compared to a lot of the coaches at the high D1 level.

And I hate Cal because he has two vacated final fours and consistently bends the rules, but the NCAA lets him go. I also can't stand watching his teams. They are undisciplined, cannot shoot, and play like a street ball team. That type of basketball doesn't particularly strike my fancy. Some may agree and others may not, but thats my opinion.

Very nice post.
Thank you.

The coach of your most bitter rival should always be able to crack your top 10. Seriously, it's the Badgers. Yes, I respect he's a good coach. But his whining and berating of officials is enough for me to dislike him plenty. And he looks like the evil spawn of Jon Voight and the Grinch. If you can't work up at least a moderate level of dislike for the coach of your most bitter rivals, you're doing it wrong. :cool02:

Besides, if the thought of Bo doesn't get your blood going, just imagine that smirking bastard Bielema standing next to him.

+1. He's a cheater. Not just once, but twice (that we know of). And he does nothing but coach 'ballers' to get to the NBA, just like Barnes. And he has slick hair. Never trust a college basketball coach with slick hair.

Totally agree with that. Him and Izzo and Tubby are the classiest of the B10 coaches, IMO...

Why do people hate Matta so much?

The coach of your most bitter rival should always be able to crack your top 10. Seriously, it's the Badgers. Yes, I respect he's a good coach. But his whining and berating of officials is enough for me to dislike him plenty. And he looks like the evil spawn of Jon Voight and the Grinch. If you can't work up at least a moderate level of dislike for the coach of your most bitter rivals, you're doing it wrong. :cool02:

Besides, if the thought of Bo doesn't get your blood going, just imagine that smirking bastard Bielema standing next to him.

So you hate a guy for his looks? I understand dislike for a rivals coach though.

Bielema is a hell of a lot better than Brew.

Top Bottom