Ohio State-Tennessee

goldenboy

Reaction score
Great finish. Couldn't help but notice, though, that Evan Turner got up off his butt after getting his last shot blocked, shrugged off help from a teammate and headed straight for the locker room. The rest of the team at least went through the motions of congratulating the TN players. Great talent but a prima donna pr*ck.

Some team turns it up come tourny time, I should if known chism and co were like this during tourny gams. Every year Tennessee does good. Pearl is a good coach too. Was he wearing the gold jacked... Figures

Turner is a great player but is he a good enough ball handler to play guard in the NBA? If the T-Wolves win the lottery, I would rather they pick Wall (possibly package Rubio and Flynn in a trade).

That was some absolutely pathetic interior defense by Ohio State. No surprise that a lack of big men would be their undoing. And did they even have any offensive sets? It was all one-on-one moves and jacking 3-pointers.

I generally like seeing the conference do well in the tournament, but it was nice to see Ohio State fall after they ran the score up against us. Yes, sour grapes are tasty. :)

Yeah, OSU did a horrible job guarding the paint - TN had 20 offensive rebounds. You can't let a team have a ton of layups and offensive rebounds and expect to win. The reality is the lack of a quality big man finally cost this team - it wasn't lack of depth that the announcers always harped over. The offensive rebounds/layups and the fact that Diebler was 1-8 were the main reasons they won the game.

so you would rather have him cry like Morrison?

yep

not only that, but his ball-hogging likely led to the loss. There were quite a few open teammates that last minute. As for OSU, I wanted them to fail just as bad as the I wanted the Badgers to fail this year. I'm actually starting to dislike OSU more than the Badgers. Maybe it's just because of all the arrogant OSU pricks running around the Pittsburgh area. Or the arrogant pricks playing on their team. Or my wife's brother, who rubs it in every chance he gets, yet in his entire time at OSU only attended one single sporting event - one football game. (Bandwagoner alert!)

Suddenly these days, a team that wins by playing the game right (Wisconsin) looks a lot better to me, even as my worst rival, than a team that wins just by having better talent all of the time.

You also have to remember that OSU has Thad Matta on the bench. Which explains alot about this team.

Impressive defense by Tennessee....It helped that they caught OSU on Diebler's 1 for 8 day. If Diebler has a halfway decent game OSU wins....he stunk it up and OSU couldn't afford that.

Turner's last possessions netted 2 turnovers and have his shot blocked at the buzzer....but it was Diebler who was the chief goat for me.

No heartbreaker for me either. I loved Pearl's quote at the end when he said our 10 were going to beat their 6. Matta got great results but he boned the rest of the team in turn.

I was soooo hoping Turner would have gotten T'd up when he was called for the out of bounds and turned and said twice to the ref - That's Bullsh-t!

Aside from that - Does anyone else's gaydar go off with Turner? I swear everytime I hear him talk I think he's gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just saying.

yep

not only that, but his ball-hogging likely led to the loss. There were quite a few open teammates that last minute. As for OSU, I wanted them to fail just as bad as the I wanted the Badgers to fail this year. I'm actually starting to dislike OSU more than the Badgers. Maybe it's just because of all the arrogant OSU pricks running around the Pittsburgh area. Or the arrogant pricks playing on their team. Or my wife's brother, who rubs it in every chance he gets, yet in his entire time at OSU only attended one single sporting event - one football game. (Bandwagoner alert!)

Suddenly these days, a team that wins by playing the game right (Wisconsin) looks a lot better to me, even as my worst rival, than a team that wins just by having better talent all of the time.

Amen Brother...Try living an hour more east in Youngstown Ohio....It's horrible. No one in this town cared about Ohio State basketball untill a week ago. Now they all come out of the woodwork talking National Championship. I tried telling them all not with that bench. Buckeye fans are some of thoe most annoying people around. I hate walking into a bar and hearing Hang ON Sloopy with their gay OH-IO cheer...i need to finish school and get the hell out of here ASAP.

Anyone else notice how wide open Diebler and Lighty were for that last shot, when Turner decided he had to shoot again with a guy all over him? He had plenty of time on the clock, but decided not to pass a wide open teammate.

I'm pretty sure the only thing you need to know to graduate from Ohio State is 3 letters in Ohio. And ILL-INI ins marginally better.

Some schools are really "hateable" Ohio State is one, Duke is one, Notre Dame is another.

Yeah, OSU did a horrible job guarding the paint - TN had 20 offensive rebounds. You can't let a team have a ton of layups and offensive rebounds and expect to win. The reality is the lack of a quality big man finally cost this team - it wasn't lack of depth that the announcers always harped over. The offensive rebounds/layups and the fact that Diebler was 1-8 were the main reasons they won the game.

You don't have to be big to play decent interior defense. What shocked me was that the Bucks gave up so many wide open layups in the half court. It's one thing if the Tenn bigs just plow through and go over smaller players, but there was no one even near them most of the time. Diebler's bad game killed them, but the Bucks have no alternative to the gunning of the three, and they got burned last night.

How is Matta accepted by the OSU masses, by the way? I have never liked the guy, and seeing Monson outcoach him a few times formed my opinion on his coaching ability.

Great finish. Couldn't help but notice, though, that Evan Turner got up off his butt after getting his last shot blocked, shrugged off help from a teammate and headed straight for the locker room. The rest of the team at least went through the motions of congratulating the TN players. Great talent but a prima donna pr*ck.

I noticed that too. I think that Turner and Kramer were like 2 punks last night. Kramer looked for a fight during the last 5 minutes of that game. I am glad that both of these A-holes along with our Westy are gone. We can have some clean games next year.

Turner is a whining baby on the court after every call, and his D-bag move of taunting John Lickliter by holding the ball behind his head as he was guarding Turner told me everything I need to know about him.

Personally, I love the comments about Turner being a "ball-hog" at the end of the game. If he hadn't shot (and his teammate had missed), there would likely be many people thinking he should have (Stephen Curry against Kansas in 2008 comes to mind). If he'd made it, obviously no one would have cared.

You can argue that it was more likely for his teammate to take the shot, but I think even his teammates are wanting him to take that shot, covered or not, given the role he has on the team. It's not like Westbrook who was our last second guy, but only really in his own mind. This guy is one of the best two players in the game.

That being said, he does seem like a d-bag. But he's an awesome player.

I missed the Lickliter taunting. Pretty sure Tubby would have sat Turners butt down if he had been playing for the Gophers.

Well, the rest of OSU's team shot 3-18 in the second half, so I don't have any problem with Turner wanting to take the last shot since he outscored his teammates 24-10 in the half (and it's not like these other guys weren't getting shots, they were 3-18!).

Tennessee's players were celebrating on the court after the game - this was not the usual after the game scenario.

I thought Turner looked lazy too many times on the court last night. I hope the T-Wolves do not end up with this prima-donna). As much as I'm a Big 10 homer, I didn't mind seeing OSU lose (Wisconsin is the only other Big Ten team I like to see lose).

Thad's mistakes.

Ohio St. looked like they had no legs at the end of the game. Is Ohio St.'s roster that bad that he couldn't have "stolen" some minutes out of Hill and Simmons, in addition to Madsen? Watching Izo get meaningful minutes from lots of walkons shows me who is the better coach. Wouldn't Turner have more energy if Hill and Simmons brought the ball up occassionaly.

By the Way Turner plays lazily when doulbed on the perimeter instead of giving it up to some really capable players. I wouldve started Madsen and Laurderdale, with Light at sf. I woulve played hill at the pt and Turner off the ball. Id bring Buford as a big 6th man scorer with Simmons.

Just a thought.

Turner is really good, but he would be better if he didn't handle the ball so much. He tends to overdribble and his TO numbers reflect that.

He had a few really bad TOs at the end of the Tennessee game that really killed OSU.

Top Bottom