Myron Weighs In With Maturi On The Practice Facility

Blizzard

Reaction score
Oh my God, I'm going to say it-

Reusse was right.

Maybe out of context, but it appears that there could be a bit of friction from Maturi's quote.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/89280387.html?elr=KArks47cQiU17cQiU47cQUU

Maturi said he's still confident that Smith will remain the school's men's basketball coach, despite rumors linking him to other programs. But he said he can't worry about the possibility.

"I get a little bit frustrated," Maturi said. "I understand that Tubby is attractive, as he should be. ... There might be some advantage, in his mind, to other places. But I don’t know that."

"There might be some advantage, in his mind, to other places. But I don’t know that."

Yet another example of something that may be true but which no one needs to hear from the AD. I wish Maturi would give sufficiently honest information to answer the question and then shut up. He's a classic fence-walker.

"There might be some advantage, in his mind, to other places. But I don’t know that."

Yet another example of something that may be true but which no one needs to hear from the AD. I wish Maturi would give sufficiently honest information to answer the question and then shut up. He's a classic fence-walker.

Yes he is.

Joel Maturi, March 2006:" There might be some advantage, in your mind, to firing Dan Monson. But I don’t know that."

Joel Maturi, November 2006:" There might be some advantage, in your mind, to firing Glen Mason. But I don’t know that."

Joel Maturi, March 2010:" There might be some advantage, in your mind, to firing Don Lucia. But I don’t know that."

Yes he is.

Joel Maturi, March 2006:" There might be some advantage, in your mind, to firing Dan Monson. But I don’t know that."

Joel Maturi, November 2006:" There might be some advantage, in your mind, to firing Glen Mason. But I don’t know that."

Joel Maturi, March 2010:" There might be some advantage, in your mind, to firing Don Lucia. But I don’t know that."

Trying to figure out what Maturi is saying at any given moment could drive someone crazy. The man has talked in circles regarding Brewster on several occasions so I'm not surprised he did it here as well. It's one of the things that worries me about any potential coaching decisions he has to make. Often times, it seems like he doesn't know exactly what he wants or what he's thinking.

Top Bottom