Money situation at the U

Juicer

Reaction score
It is my understanding that literally tens of millions of public funding has been taken away from the U in the past 5 years. For those who are more educated about the financial situation at the U, can you shed some light on what the impact of the broader legislative environment or funding situation has on this whole practice facility situation?

Thanks.

As far as I know the practice facility will have to be funded entirely by private donors.

I agree with Nate. Everything I have heard is that they wouldn't even consider asking for public funding in this environment for a project like this.

regardless of the state economic situation, i don't think it was ever the U of M's intent to look for public monies for the new practice facility. my understanding is that it was always going to be a privately funded venture. so i don't think that situation really has any bearing on it one way or the other.

just my two cents.

Screw it.

If the Vikes can beg for a new stadium in the face of the state's largest budget deficits, why can't the Gophs ask for a practice facility?

Time to throw decorum and reason out the window!

I'm all for a new practice facility, but the state is flat broke (actually in the hole).

Practice facility

I too am quite sure there was no plan to go to the legislature for money on this project. I also thought the plan was to get the Gopher baseball stadium funded before beginning fundraising for the practice facility. I guess we will see.

Top Bottom