Marcus tweet yesterday on Vince Taylor

98VQueens

Reaction score
Marcus Tweet: I was told that Gophers assistant coach Vince Taylor is expected to interview for head-coaching jobs at UNC-Wilmington and UNC-Charlotte.

Why was this thread deleted & by who?

BleedGopher

Vince Taylor to interview for HC job at UNC Wilmington and UNC Charlotte
http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/...ory_id=3387546

Go Gophers!!

Today, 09:43 PM

gopherbadgerman

Good luck to him!

Today, 09:44 PM
bankonit
seniorest member

Vincent Grier came from UNC Charlotte

Today, 09:46 PM

gopherbadgerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankonit
He was a sweet pkayer to watch. I really liked him.

Today, 09:49 PM
betterdeadthanred
badger basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankonit
Where is he now? I had a class with him, he was a nice guy. Last I spoke with him he was thinking Europe but still trying to make the Heat roster, that was a coupe years back.

Weird...even the original article was pulled down...did someone let something out of the bag when they weren't supposed to or what?

According to a Myron Tweet:
"Person familiar with the situation: Gophers assistant Vince Taylor has not been contacted by UNC-Wilmington or UNC-Charlotte about openings."

That explains it.

And now from Myron's more recent blog post:

"Gophers assistant Vince Taylor is a candidate for the openings at UNC-Wilmington and UNC-Charlotte, according to people familiar with the situation."

Marcus and Myron need to start taking shots at each other like Sid and Charley Walters. "Despite errant reports over in Minneapolis..." etc.

According to a Myron Tweet:
"Person familiar with the situation: Gophers assistant Vince Taylor has not been contacted by UNC-Wilmington or UNC-Charlotte about openings.

Great tweet Myron, then write a blog/article/whatever 12 hours later with news Marcus had 2 days ago. -Gophers assistant Vince Taylor is a candidate for the openings at UNC-Wilmington and UNC-Charlotte, according to people familiar with the situation.

Miron was too busy writing up other gems such as "I talked to one of Gordon Hayward's family friends about a month ago. He said Hayward planned to return for his junior season. If he does return, Butler will have another opportunity to make a run, except the Bulldogs won't sneak up on anyone."

Great that he talked to a family friend a month ago... that holds as much weight as Miron's little chain... but the insight that 'the Bulldogs won't sneak up on anyone' is impressive. They were only ranked #10 and #11 in the preseason polls this year.

In other news, there are people eating steak at Manny's, the Twins will play outdoors when they are at home this year and the floor at Sexworld tends to be sticky.

PS - I wonder if the Big Ten goes 0-3 tonight whether there will be 'wow, Big Ten really does suck, no one in the Elite Eight' threads all over the place...

Myron Gems for this season

This could be a long list, but these are a couple of my favorites;

'Ralph Sampson III is one go-to move and a few rebounds per game away from a shot at the NBA. He's going to get a chance. If NBA scouts aren't sold on his game, they'll definitely appreciate his 6-11 frame and genetics. That's not enough to send him to The League. But it's enough to help him earn an opportunity.' & When Myron said in November that Ohio State was overrated.

He is one hell of a predictor & his sources close to the program must really enjoy toying with him.

PS - I wonder if the Big Ten goes 0-3 tonight whether there will be 'wow, Big Ten really does suck, no one in the Elite Eight' threads all over the place...

Either way the Big East was absolutely overrated this year and hobbled Big Ten teams made it further.

Either way the Big East was absolutely overrated this year and hobbled Big Ten teams made it further.

Not at all.. go back to the beginning of the year... 'woah, the Big Ten is going to be great! Big East.. very down year.. Pittsburgh.. terrible.. Marquette.. 12th place in their own conference at best...'

The reality is the Big east exceeded expectations and was better than the Big Ten.

The Big Ten looked like they may have a year at the top.. and failed on that.

Not at all.. go back to the beginning of the year... 'woah, the Big Ten is going to be great! Big East.. very down year.. Pittsburgh.. terrible.. Marquette.. 12th place in their own conference at best...'

The reality is the Big east exceeded expectations and was better than the Big Ten.

The Big Ten looked like they may have a year at the top.. and failed on that.

Um...what? The Big East was better? When? When ESPN said they were? When they were gifted high seeds in the NCAA tournament and sh!t the bed? How does this hold any water when the 3 of the 5 B10 teams made the Sweet 16 (seeds 2, 4, 5) and only 1 of the Big East teams has played to their seed.

Did your education in the slums of Milwaukee require any analysis or critical thinking?

Um...what? The Big East was better? When? When ESPN said they were? When they were gifted high seeds in the NCAA tournament and sh!t the bed? How does this hold any water when the 3 of the 5 B10 teams made the Sweet 16 (seeds 2, 4, 5) and only 1 of the Big East teams has played to their seed.

Did your education in the slums of Milwaukee require any analysis or critical thinking?

The Big East was better. Because 3 Big Ten teams made it to the Sweet 16 and one made it to the Elite 8, you're ready to crown them? That's really the argument?

Sorry you don't approve of (your assumption of) my education.

Well GW to be fair 3/5 to the Sweet 16 is better then 2/8. If ESPN wouldn't pimp the Big East and talk about how it's the best conference people wouldn't be making the overrated threads.

Fair or not, the NCAA tournament -- these three weeks, not November -- is the test we use to determine the best teams. The Big East failed.

Fair or not, the NCAA tournament -- these three weeks, not November -- is the test we use to determine the best teams. The Big East failed.

No, that's not the test that 'we' use - it's what you're using when convenient. You're going to tell me Kansas is, at best, the 17th best team in the country? Get real.

No, that's not the test that 'we' use - it's what you're using when convenient. You're going to tell me Kansas is, at best, the 17th best team in the country? Get real.

And you're trying to discard it because it doesn't fit your agenda. The proof is in the pudding Gold, er, Golden Eagle. The Big East was pumped from January to March as the best conference in the country by ESPN (gee, I wonder why?), received a ridiculous amount of respect from the Selection Committee in the number of teams and the seeds they were given for the tourney, and then proceeded to embarass themselves by getting their asses kicked when it counted.

Spin it any way you want, they failed. Wanna see the score card?

Syracuse - 1 seed. Didn't make the round of 8. 2-1
Nova - 2 seed? Really? 1-1 (should have been 0-1 without the reach around from the refs)
Georgetown - 3 seed. Blown off the floor by the 7th place team from the MAC. 0-1
Notre Dame - 6 seed? Really? 0-1
Pitt - 3 seed. 1-1
Gold - 6 seed. 0-1
Louisville - 9 seed. 0-1
WV - 2 seed. The only team that showed up.

The end.

Top Bottom