Butler Knocks Off Syracuse

What are the chances Gophers will have beaten 4 of the elite 8? MSU and tOSU should win. If Purdue can beat Duke, we are there.

I don't know if MSU "should" win. Lucas is a huge part of their team, UNI is probably just about as good as them without him. Yeah, Izzo is amazing in the tournament, but UNI is hot.

In other news, the Big East is like, the best conference in the whole universe guys!

I think/hope UNI's time runs out tomorrow. I didn't think Purdue would win a game in the tournament, beating Duke (along with OSU MSU WINS) sure makes the B10 look pretty solid.

Brackets in all of my pools are now officially dead.

I still have Kentucky winning it all then Baylor and Kansas State in the final four in 2 of my brackets, I believe Gopherhole included.

I know it's hindsight, but I just chuckle when people say they're surprised Purdue even won one game, let alone 2 in the NCAA Tournament. Despite losing Hummel, they still have 2 NBA caliber players, the defensive POY, and a pretty darn good coach. Yeah, the Gophers hammered them but so what. It was just one game. The Gophers looked just as bad at Michigan and what happened their next game? They won at Illinois.

I, for one, am looking forward to Hummel's return next year and a pre-season #1 ranking.

I know it's hindsight, but I just chuckle when people say they're surprised Purdue even won one game, let alone 2 in the NCAA Tournament. Despite losing Hummel, they still have 2 NBA caliber players, the defensive POY, and a pretty darn good coach. Yeah, the Gophers hammered them but so what. It was just one game. The Gophers looked just as bad at Michigan and what happened their next game? They won at Illinois.

I, for one, am looking forward to Hummel's return next year and a pre-season #1 ranking.

With Hummel they are solid for sure, I would even say they would beat Duke. They just aren't the same team without him.

Art, how's Butler doing?

Art missed the game as Thursday night is feet washing night at his mom's house.

Wait a minute...I thought the Big East was unbeatable?

In light of recent developments it has been renamed the Big Least, ESPN is said to be re-evaluating it's relationship with the league.

Saturday will be one of the rare times I'll root for Kentucky. I kinda' have a soft spot for Huggy Bear's teams, but I'd really love to see the Big East get completely shut out of the Final 4.

But the Big Ten still needs to hold up its end of the bargain tonight. I could honestly see all 3 losing tonight, but I'm hoping at least 2 move on.

If I were a Purdue fan I'm not sure I would be so confident as to expect Hummel to come back and be the same player immediately.

Purdue still has 2 nba caliber players, what team in the sweet 16 does not have at least 2 prospects? Wittman and Foote will probably get interest at Cornell.

Top Bottom