Recruiting Maurice Walker

Judging from his offers, he sounds like a pretty legitimate talent.

Gopher Warrior,

Any idea which schools (if any) are showing interest in Osenieks?

Thanks in advance.

Judging from his offers, he sounds like a pretty legitimate talent.

That's what I was thinking... I wonder if he's really considering Minnesota... I've never heard his name mentioned until now, so maybe he's starting to consider coming here... I think that a class with Walker, Joseph, Hollins, and Eliason would be excellent... and if cobbs leaves, we could use his scholly for Royce possibly... Mbakwe could, too be back... I'm looking forward to next season :)

Oh boy.. from Zagsblog:

The 6-10, 300-pound Walker said he’s considering Rutgers, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Virginia, UConn, Marquette, Penn State, Providence and Minnesota and has offers from all of those except Georgetown and UConn.

Asked if he had any favorites, Walker listed Pittsburgh and Minnesota. He has visited Pitt and will trip to Minnesota April 9.

There has been speculation about whether Pitt has a scholarship to offer, but Walker said he was told that a scholarship would be available.

gw

Oh boy.. from Zagsblog:

The 6-10, 300-pound Walker said he’s considering Rutgers, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Virginia, UConn, Marquette, Penn State, Providence and Minnesota and has offers from all of those except Georgetown and UConn.

Asked if he had any favorites, Walker listed Pittsburgh and Minnesota. He has visited Pitt and will trip to Minnesota April 9.

There has been speculation about whether Pitt has a scholarship to offer, but Walker said he was told that a scholarship would be available.

What do you think GW? Any chance?

Any significance to the date being close to the signing period?

What do you think GW? Any chance?

Any significance to the date being close to the signing period?

I think the parents would like him to stay out east, but it's certainly a good sign if he's going to come out here for a visit in a couple of weeks. I think he'll ultimately wind up in the Big East, but if the kid is saying Minnesota is up there for him, we can't complain. Never know with kids... could happen...

If was a total homer, I'd say, "I bet Devoe is talking it up..... 'come to Minnesota, Mo... it's just like Canada... my bro is leaning towards coming up too.. it'll be Canadapolis'"... but who knows.

Hope Devoe is talking. Seems like what happened with Kentucky last year. Calipari got 1 or 2 players to switch to Kentucky and they started recruiting the others. The end result stacked team made them all look good for the NBA.

GW

I think the parents would like him to stay out east, but it's certainly a good sign if he's going to come out here for a visit in a couple of weeks. I think he'll ultimately wind up in the Big East, but if the kid is saying Minnesota is up there for him, we can't complain. Never know with kids... could happen...

If was a total homer, I'd say, "I bet Devoe is talking it up..... 'come to Minnesota, Mo... it's just like Canada... my bro is leaning towards coming up too.. it'll be Canadapolis'"... but who knows.

That is a good one, Canadapolis! Sounds great to me!!

We can always hope.

:clap::clap::clap:

Oh boy.. from Zagsblog:

I read that he really wants an offer from G'Town... but I'm not sure they have any left to give... I think if he and Cory accept... it'd be AWESOME!!!

I hope his favorite is Minnesota! We really need a big guy that can take it to everyone.

I read that he really wants an offer from G'Town... but I'm not sure they have any left to give... I think if he and Cory accept... it'd be AWESOME!!!

I hope his favorite is Minnesota! We really need a big guy that can take it to everyone.

Pitt has been high for him for a while.. although they were 'full'.. but, there is expected movement and some question as to whether JJ Moore will qualify... if I was putting $ on it, I'd place him at Pitt. But I hope for Minn or MU.

As for Georgetown -- just earlier today Moses Abraham, a Nigerian big man, committed to play for the Hoyas. Abraham (6'9" center) visited It's Indiana, It's Indiana this week and was probably so turned off by Tan Crean that it pushed him to commit to Georgetown quickly.

The following excerpt was from a Devoe Joseph interview(GopherLady on April 17,2008).

GH: You also have a teammate, Maurice Walker, who has been gaining a lot of attention. Can you tell me about him?
DJ: Maurice is a big kid, he’s 6’9, and he has good post moves, he can shoot the outside shot, he is young, like my brother. He and my brother played on the junior national team, which is a great accomplishment for them – they were 2 or 3 years younger than the other players. They are definitely going to be top players.

GH: Are you going to try to recruit them both to Minnesota?
DJ: Of course! I’ve been trying already (laughing).

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=790

Wow, I hope Devoe has great recruiting abilities. Gopher bball fantasy... Trevor, Royce, and Al return and Devoe works his magic and gets his brother and Walker to come (sry Cobbs). Chances of that happening? Don't answer.

The following excerpt was from a Devoe Joseph interview(GopherLady on April 17,2008).

GH: You also have a teammate, Maurice Walker, who has been gaining a lot of attention. Can you tell me about him?
DJ: Maurice is a big kid, he’s 6’9, and he has good post moves, he can shoot the outside shot, he is young, like my brother. He and my brother played on the junior national team, which is a great accomplishment for them – they were 2 or 3 years younger than the other players. They are definitely going to be top players.

GH: Are you going to try to recruit them both to Minnesota?
DJ: Of course! I’ve been trying already (laughing).
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...rticle&sid=790

Thanks Rex!!! This could be very interesting... I had no clue Cory and Maurice played on the same team (Grassroots Canada AAU) ... This may very well be the one thing needed to sway the both of them here. Go Devoe!!! Work your magic!!!

Top Bottom