How many layups did we miss?

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
I'd say conservatively we missed a dozen layups/putbacks....DJ, Colt, Carter....it seemed everyone missed at least one. The first half offensive output wouldn't have been nearly as bad, if we would've made the bunnies. It looked like a lot of nerves on the part of the youngsters.

We missed a lot of every kind of shot. In close, mid-range and three-pointers. You name it, we missed it. But that is what makes me even happier that the team buckled down and found a way to get the win.

I wouldn't expect us to have the same problems against Penn State on Sunday.

We missed a lot of every kind of shot. In close, mid-range and three-pointers. You name it, we missed it. But that is what makes me even happier that the team buckled down and found a way to get the win.

I wouldn't expect us to have the same problems against Penn State on Sunday.

Agreed - the first half shooting was very hard to watch. It is the mark of a well coached and internally disciplined TEAM that it can rise above that and win. I still think the Gophs have a ways to go to be a really good team, but they are doing pretty well for how young they are.

At the end of last night's game I was pleased with the win but otherwise kind of discouraged. In retrospect, shooting will go hot and cold, but mustering up the will to create an ugly road win is not a trivial thing for a young team.

Don't know what to expect with the surprising Penn State team!

It felt like 2 dozen.

They had open looks all night, and couldn't take advantage. Iowa should get some credit, but the majority of it was poor shooting, IMO.

The missed lay ups don't tell the whole story. Missing a contested lay up is not as bad as missing a wide open 10 footer, which we also did plenty of.

Top Bottom