Auburn hires UTEP's Tony Barbee

Now all we have to do is wait for the next baseless rumor to be started by some national or local media person.

Tony Barbee Is A Pseudonym For Tubby Smith

Don't be fooled by these early reports.

Bleed... +1.

Dennis Dodd is either A LIAR, or A FRAUD, or AN IDIOT, or some combination of those.

I think it deserves a thread with a poll!

Hey Dennis, KMA.

:p

Unfortunately, Dodd isn't the only tool in the toolshed for CBS. Check out their staff columnists and you'll find some truly "brilliant" writers on that site.

A complete f***ing outrage. No doubt in my mind that breaking this B.S. non-story 3 hours before our Xavier tipoff was a contributing factor in the loss. Screw CBS sports. The sad part is that no one will call them on their irresponsible hack speculation.

Any chance Souhan even mentions this tomorrow? I will guess no.

The e mail I just sent Dodd

is still smoking. Reporting such as that is just unacceptable. You can google his name and find one of his columns and there is a feedback thing on the top of his columns. Well he got feedback from me needless to say.

Any chance Souhan even mentions this tomorrow? I will guess no.

That's the sad aspect to this story. No accountability for what they report as news. That would have never made print. Twitter and talk radio expose journalists/reporters, no editor to cover their butts.

reporting accountability went out the window during the bush presidency.

In todays media, it is more about making a splash than reporting facts. Something we will have to live with. I'll take Tubby rumors over Monson's failures any day.

A complete f***ing outrage. No doubt in my mind that breaking this B.S. non-story 3 hours before our Xavier tipoff was a contributing factor in the loss. Screw CBS sports. The sad part is that no one will call them on their irresponsible hack speculation.

I agree with you. I really felt this 'breaking' news had a negative effect on our kids performance during that Xavier game. It certainly couldn't have helped. No wonder they were missing wide open layups and other shots that they typically make...they weren't focused.

My biggest problem with this is that CBS went so far as to actually discuss it on the freaking broadcast. It's one thing to post 3 sentences on a blog. To discuss it on national television with nothing better then that one flimsy source is a disgrace. And Dodd, even if his source was legit, should have had the integrity to consider whether posting it mere hours before the Gopher student-athletes would play in the biggest game of the season was fair to them. His story would have been just as 'hot' if he'd posted it immediately after the final buzzer.

This is the kind of crap that really makes me wonder what forces are conspiring against this university's top programs. The morning of an NCAA tournament game it is reported Tubby is "close to a deal"? And they quickly hire a mid-major coach? Are you kidding? I despise sports journalists with all my being. They truly are the lowest form of writer out there. There is absolutely no accountability, and their entire profession is based on rumors. If they guess right just one time, they're set for life. In a case like this one with Dodd, they just move on unharmed.

F**k "em!

The lengths we go to make excuses

"No wonder they were missing wide open layups and other shots that they typically make...they weren't focused."

Respectfully, missing layups ("bunnies") was a problem for the Gophers all season long. I'd say focus was a year-long issue as well (Michigan games come to mind). These problems (I didn't see a lack of focus) weren't exclusive to the Xavier game. We're looking for excuses that aren't there. Xavier was the better team, plain and simple.

Nothing like hiring the coach from UTEP to inspire the fan base and fill that new arena.

Top Bottom