Final 4: Syr, Kent, Duke, Ohio St.

march madness

Reaction score
I think the final four will be Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, and Ohio St. I had kansas and Baylor. But I think duke is playing a lot better. They have a deeper and more experienced team. I think N. Iowa has a good shot at putting down the Spartans without Lucas. I see Ohio St getting by Tennessee. No one on N. Iowa can slow down Turner. Kentucky will have to play smart against a very good Cornell team. I see West Virgina's front court outplaying the huskies. When Kentucky matches up with WV I see Cousins being to hard to guard down low.

I have Syracuse over Kentucky in the final.
Any thoughts?

Duke will get there not because they're that good, but because they have a ridiculously easy road.

I had WVU and KSU in my bracket Final Four so I'll stick with them. Still don't think UK has the maturity/experience/etc. to win the championship, and probably not reach the FF. Is Onuaku supposed to play this weekend? Syracuse probably has a better chance than KSU if he does. Hard to argue against OSU at this point.

Preseason Final 4 was Kansas (out), Michigan State, Villanova (out) & West Virginia.

From here I'll go with Tennessee, Syracuse, West Virginia and Duke.

Syracuse over West Virginia in the title game.

I'll give the Big East some love if this occurs.;)

My final four thoughts are Baylor vs Kentucky with UK winning and then OSU vs KSU with OSU pulling it off. The Championship game I'm saying Kentucky will be getting lucky.

That's what I had in one of my brackets. I hope it comes true!!!

I think the final four will be Syracuse, Kentucky, Duke, and Ohio St. I had kansas and Baylor. But I think duke is playing a lot better. They have a deeper and more experienced team. I think N. Iowa has a good shot at putting down the Spartans without Lucas. I see Ohio St getting by Tennessee. No one on N. Iowa can slow down Turner. Kentucky will have to play smart against a very good Cornell team. I see West Virgina's front court outplaying the huskies. When Kentucky matches up with WV I see Cousins being to hard to guard down low.

I have Syracuse over Kentucky in the final.
Any thoughts?

This is the final four I picked in my brackets and it looks like a distinct possibility. Out of the four I think Syracuse has the biggest chance of getting upset. KSU has looked really solid and the game being in Utah should work in their favor. Also WVU over Kentucky wouldn't surprise me.

Preseason Final 4 was Kansas (out), Michigan State, Villanova (out) & West Virginia.

Just curious, why do you think Tennessee will beat OSU?
I've followed OSU closely all year, and I don't think Tenn has what it takes to knock them off, but anything can happen. History is not on the side of the Vols - they have never advanced past the Sweet 16.

I love Evan Turner as a player, think he's the best in the country, but I think his excessive turnovers will be more critical against Tennessee's pressure and athleticism. Saw the Vols in Providence and was very impressed. Not the greatest shooters, but have good-sized, athletic guards (Hopson, Tatum, Maze, etc.) that match up well with the Buckeyes. Prince & Chism are horses, too.

I think the winner of OSU-Tennessee will win the region. Hoping it's OSU 'cause if I hear Rocky Top one more time I'm going to puke.

I have the same Final Four of tOSU, Syracuse, Kentucky, and Duke, with the Championship Game to be tOSU versus Kentucky, and tOSU winning it all. But then, what do I know, except Beer is Good!!!

I love Evan Turner as a player, think he's the best in the country, but I think his excessive turnovers will be more critical against Tennessee's pressure and athleticism. Saw the Vols in Providence and was very impressed. Not the greatest shooters, but have good-sized, athletic guards (Hopson, Tatum, Maze, etc.) that match up well with the Buckeyes. Prince & Chism are horses, too.

I think the winner of OSU-Tennessee will win the region. Hoping it's OSU 'cause if I hear Rocky Top one more time I'm going to puke.

I know it may not be a popular measure here, but Pomeroy rates Georgia Tech (who OSU just beat in spite of the TOs) as better than Tennessee - I think GT and TN are pretty much equal in quality at this time. I believe GT was a more difficult match up for OSU than Tennessee is - like Tennessee, they had a lot of good-sized, athletic guards as you say but they also had a much more highly regarded frontcourt duo. GT was extremely physical against OSU, and that's why they piled up an unusually high amount of fouls in the first half, so while they were forcing some TOs with their press, they were simultaneously getting their best players in foul trouble & it didn't end up working out for them. So I don't expect a similar strategy to be able to result in a W for TN. I'm not saying Tennessee can't win, but I think it'd take an unusual shooting night from both teams and foul trouble for OSU for it to happen.

My bracket also has Syracuse over WV in the title game .. I also really like St Marys to be the 'sleeper pick' .. I see Kentucky imploding at some point ... but they do look really good and very hard to bet against.

I had my final four picks about two days before selection sunday.
Kent, WV, OSU and Kansas.

Then the selection committee screwed everything up.

I had Kansas winning it all and I am 1 point out of last place. I want my money back.

At least I didn't pick Wisc over Kent like Fresh Trout. No excuse for that.

Hey, there's always next year.

Top Bottom