Cory Joseph

Gramenz

Reaction score
How good of a chance do you think we have to get Cory Joseph and when do you think he will make his decision?

He is making his decision in April. I would say we got just as good a shot as the other schools recruiting him.

Corey Joseph signing...................

Is there a national letter of intent day for D-1 BB players, as in the Feb. 3 day for FB players?

Always wondered. Thanks in advance!!

Let's land Joseph in Minnesota!!:D:D:clap::D:D

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!

Yes. May 19th is the national signing day for basketball...

But... I remember hearing somewhere that he'd make his decision in April (I don't know if there's any truth to that... but there could be)... Anyway it's at least May 19th at the latest.

What us the RW contingency plan?

LW, DB, DJ and RW all gone. EE and Hollins coming in. Leaves 2 openings. I would be happy to give both to Cory if he would commit...however, how long will they hold #4 for RW?

He'd be a big "get" for the program. I'd say our chances are 1 in 5 at landing him...

I wonder how close Devoe and Cory are? how often do talk to each other and etc.? If they are not close then being on the same team is not an edge for the Gophers on the recruiting trail.

I wonder how close Devoe and Cory are? how often do talk to each other and etc.? If they are not close then being on the same team is not an edge for the Gophers on the recruiting trail.

His Mom says they are close. Devoe and Cory say they are close. I believe Devoe is going to the McDonalds A-A game to see him play?

Avery Bradley apparently just declared for the Draft. Don't know how that affects Joseph's feelings about Texas but he'd have an outstanding opportunity to go in and start at the point imho. Jai Lucas would be his only obstacle.

Pay attention to what Kemba Walker decides to do as well. And don't count out a late push from someone like KU if they lose out on Selby.

If Kentucky wants him they will get him, which sucks for us.

Avery Bradley apparently just declared for the Draft. Don't know how that affects Joseph's feelings about Texas but he'd have an outstanding opportunity to go in and start at the point imho. Jai Lucas would be his only obstacle.

Pay attention to what Kemba Walker decides to do as well. And don't count out a late push from someone like KU if they lose out on Selby.

This could be a bit of good news... He has said he wants a connection of some-sort at his college... At Minnesota, he's got his brother Devoe, but one of the pluses from Texas was that he's really good friends with Avery Bradley, therefore his departure means that Cory won't play with Avery and there's no connection there anymore... I'm not saying that this is going to affect his decision more-so than the ability to have a starting job, but it's interesting...

If Kentucky wants him they will get him, which sucks for us.

I was talking about Kansas fwiw.

Any perceived interest in Joseph is imaginary at this point. Selby doesn't even have an official offer from UK at this time (even though he's been begging for one) because they want to land Knight first and depending if Eric declares (very sad situation. His family really needs the money. He's from a situation that's been described as "desperate" to me and with a lockout looming for next season he's got to do what's best for him) I think they like Lamb better.

It's musical chairs with the top guards in this class with UK, KU, Texas and UConn being players for the group of Knight, Selby and Joesph to varying degrees. And I don't mean to exclude Minnesota from that list at all. It's just that the Gophers aren't involved with Knight and Selby.

Lots of pressure at Texas. They will lose James, Pittman, Mason. Finished behind A&M and Baylor. It would be a tough situation for a freshman PG.

This could be a bit of good news... He has said he wants a connection of some-sort at his college... At Minnesota, he's got his brother Devoe, but one of the pluses from Texas was that he's really good friends with Avery Bradley, therefore his departure means that Cory won't play with Avery and there's no connection there anymore... I'm not saying that this is going to affect his decision more-so than the ability to have a starting job, but it's interesting...

He would still know Tristan Thompson (current teammate at Findlay Prep). Hopefully Bradley is just testing the waters, finds out his stock isn't as high as he would like it to be, and then returns to school. If he returns then Joseph would have Bradley, Brown, Lucas, and Ward to compete with for playing time. He would also have Myck Kabongo coming in the following year to compete with.

Coach Cal's track record with PGs could play a role in his decision.

look at the last 3 point guard Coach Cal has had, only an idiot would pass on playing for him at point guard.

look at the last 3 point guard Coach Cal has had, only an idiot would pass on playing for him at point guard.

Those guys were all the top PGs in their class. Its not like Cal made those guys or anything, they were going to be stars no matter what. Wall was called the #1 pick before the season started, Rose was a top 5 lock, as was Evans

Coach cal has done well with PG's lately, but don't also forget Tubby did coach arguably the boston celtics' best player this year, and PG, Rajon Rondo.

Unless he changes his mind, he has already said no thanks to KY and every other school to come calling since he cut his list to 4(UNLV is not a factor). He knew that Bradley was likely one and done and as said earleir, his teammate Triston Thompson and one other friend are going to texas. Gopher coaches recently have been very positive in there chances with Cory but he doesn't talk much about recruiting and neither does Devoe so it's been hard for anyone to get a good read on him.

Lets cross our fingers. Cory cannot go wrong with any of his choices. Our late push to get in the tourney and Devoe's increased role and positive development have probably gotten us back in the hunt at ths point. If we land Cory, then our late season surge could have made the difference?

Having Colton, RS III and maybe Mbakwe would be a nice tool shed for Mr. Joseph. Not to mention big brother on the wing.

Top Bottom