Big Ten news, three kids to leave Penn State

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
The best player transfering is soph. Chris Babb who averaged 9.3 ppg and shot almost 40% from three. He is originally from Topeks but family now lives in Dallas area, wouldn't be suprsied to see him end up in Big 12, maybe K-St or Mizzou.

Also leaving was freshman Bill Edwards. he only averaged 4.2 pts, and 3.3 reb and was undersized at 6'5 at PF, but I thought he looked like he had a nice future when we played them.

6'10 C Andrew Ott is also passing on his senior year since he already graduated.

Don't think Taylor Battle has much interest from the NBA right now so i would think he will come back but they will not have much returning to help him out. Would think they will hit juco pretty hard so maybe they find a couple guys who can help.

How in the world did Jay Wright look at Andrew Ott and say - "yes, this is a guy I want in a Villanova jersey?"

The best player transfering is soph. Chris Babb who averaged 9.3 ppg and shot almost 40% from three. He is originally from Topeks but family now lives in Dallas area, wouldn't be suprsied to see him end up in Big 12, maybe K-St or Mizzou.

Also leaving was freshman Bill Edwards. he only averaged 4.2 pts, and 3.3 reb and was undersized at 6'5 at PF, but I thought he looked like he had a nice future when we played them.

6'10 C Andrew Ott is also passing on his senior year since he already graduated.

Don't think Taylor Battle has much interest from the NBA right now so i would think he will come back but they will not have much returning to help him out. Would think they will hit juco pretty hard so maybe they find a couple guys who can help.

Thanks for posting, looks like there's one more, Adam Highberger:

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2010/3/21/1383127/the-state-of-penn-state-basketball

Babb is a good player, the others won't be missed too badly...

they better hope that the younger Battle is as good as the older or PSU may be in for another rough season.

Babb is a good player, the others won't be missed too badly...

they better hope that the younger Battle is as good as the older or PSU may be in for another rough season.

...at least the Gophers won't be in last place in the Big Ten next year :/

Talor's brother that is coming to school next year actually has different last name (same mom, diff dads) -- Taran Buie. He's a nice recruit (for Penn State), but they will be continue to be a bad team next year. Gotta be frustrating to be a Penn State bball fan.

ED...

I ask again...How can Ed DeChellis keep his job. He seems like a wonderful guy but his teams are always "over achieving" when they win a conference game. PSU is a big time school in a big time conference. Why are they always "bad"?

I ask again...How can Ed DeChellis keep his job. He seems like a wonderful guy but his teams are always "over achieving" when they win a conference game. PSU is a big time school in a big time conference. Why are they always "bad"?

I'm with you. I'm always puzzled by schools that have a lot of $ and resources and can obviously run a top notch program (football), but are consistently, so horrible at basketball. How do you average 8000 people/game for basketball and 107,000 for football.

I don't know much about what's gone on there, but from my perspective, the AD has massively failed by not putting any expectations, time, or money into their basketball program.

I went to Purdue with Ott's parents. Good people, nice family.

I'm with you. I'm always puzzled by schools that have a lot of $ and resources and can obviously run a top notch program (football), but are consistently, so horrible at basketball. How do you average 8000 people/game for basketball and 107,000 for football.

I don't know much about what's gone on there, but from my perspective, the AD has massively failed by not putting any expectations, time, or money into their basketball program.

I think Ed has one year left to turn it around. If he doesn't, well he is going the way of Lickliter. I think part of the reason Penn State averages 108,000 for and 8000 for basketball is that Penn State is in the middle of nowhere and it's alot easlier to make it there for 6 to 7 maybe 8 homegames on Saturday compared to 15-17 games on weekends and weekdays.

And part of the problem is that there isn't any expections. Therefore nobody cares. Hell, there were about 50 Paint Crew members that went to PSU for the game and we out cheered there student section. BTW PSU has a very beatiful campus. I would love to make it back there for a football game.

I think Ed has one year left to turn it around. If he doesn't, well he is going the way of Lickliter. I think part of the reason Penn State averages 108,000 for and 8000 for basketball is that Penn State is in the middle of nowhere and it's alot easlier to make it there for 6 to 7 maybe 8 homegames on Saturday compared to 15-17 games on weekends and weekdays.

And part of the problem is that there isn't any expections. Therefore nobody cares. Hell, there were about 50 Paint Crew members that went to PSU for the game and we out cheered there student section. BTW PSU has a very beatiful campus. I would love to make it back there for a football game.

I sat right behind Ed Dechellis at Luna 2 in State College Saturday night. Seems like a nice guy, but probably won't last long. Just like in football, they also make surprising little effort to recruit western PA.

If Penn State could put together a decent seasons on a regular basis, then people would find a way to get the basketball games. If Penn State football had the same level of performance as their BB team on a regular basis, eventually they wouldn't sell out their football games either.

Top Bottom