Ivy League Cornell spanks Becky Badger by 18! Final 87-69

Reaction score
too bad, so sad. :clap::clap::clap:

also, i don't care what "it means" about the big ten, etc. because i don't think it really means anything. all i know is it is a wonderful thing. the boys from wofford had becky beat in the first round too. too bad they just shat down their leg at the end.

Did they play the Rouser toward the end?

My son thought he heard it. He was watching it in Fargo. If so that was awsome.

In the Yahoo sports write-up, it said something about Randy Wittman trying to get his son On the U of M's roster but being denied. This might be common knowledge but I was unaware.

Watching him play, he would have looked good in a Gopher jersey.

Ryan Wittman would of been the go-to guy this team lacks.

I agree, Wittman would have looked good in Maroon and Gold. (Or Victory Red)

Great quote by Cornell's Louis Dale...

“We want to take this ride as long as we can because after this it’s just nothing but babies and memories."

I feel old.

Tough day for your Badgers, Sorry.

Like the Goph's and Vike's mantra

"There's always next year."

Thanks. Yep - always next year...

Decent year though, better than I thought the Badgers would do. I hope MN and Wisky battle it out for the B10 next year. But, I would bet MN will be better if they get their guys back...

I want to see the Big Ten do well, that being said, I'd like to see the Badgers be viewed as "just another good Big Ten team/program" rather than one of the top teams in the league because their style of play does nothing to help the image of the league as a slow-down, defensive-minded, generally talent-poor conference. The less their style and talent is seen as representative of the Big Ten, the better IMO.

my favorite part, was the roar of the crowd from the badger fans in Milwaukee when they heard Temple got beat by Cornell. I kind of thought to myself that temple was probably a better matchup for the badgers, it is pretty funny now because they were so excited for that "easy" road. I generally thought the Badger fans were cheering for the Gophs however, maybe half and half. Some cheering for Xavier because of their bracket picks, others cheering against us because of the loss against us. I am also assuming those were the individuals screaming NIT as they were leaving Williams arena, so obviously they arent the brightest. Glad to see so many Minnesota kids playing in these games though. Wish we had Wittman and Leuer, Thanks Monson

Cornell is very good. No shame in losing to that team. They can play with anyone, as they proved at Kansas. There was nothing flukish about that game, no matter what the morons on our board are saying.

How do the Gophers miss on Wittman? I can't believe the Badgers missed on him, but for the Gophers to miss is unreal. Don't give me the he couldn't play in the Big 10 either, because he surely could.

Wittman and Leuer

Two of Monson's final "gifts" to the program he decimated. Aldrich I can give a pass; he clearly was going to Kansas, anyways.

Cornell is very good. No shame in losing to that team. They can play with anyone

We beat them soundly last year. We'd beat them again. :)

yeah, wisconsin is one of the few teams ranked that high who are vulnerable to teams with less talent, cornell is very good, but lets be honest, they were lucky to get out with a win against Wofford

Becky Badger......

I really thought Becky was going to win over Cornell. Did not realize how good Cornell really is.

BTW, does everyone know that Cornell is Ed Marinaro's old school? He's a former Viking turned actor.
Hill Street Blues show, I believe.:cool02:

Go Gophers!!!!!!

yes they did

they have a tradition of playing the rouser of the rival of the team they are playing

hilarious

nice! do you know at what point in the game they played it? i would love to check that out on the ncaa on demand replay of the game online.

my favorite part, was the roar of the crowd from the badger fans in Milwaukee when they heard Temple got beat by Cornell. I kind of thought to myself that temple was probably a better matchup for the badgers, it is pretty funny now because they were so excited for that "easy" road. I generally thought the Badger fans were cheering for the Gophs however, maybe half and half. Some cheering for Xavier because of their bracket picks, others cheering against us because of the loss against us. I am also assuming those were the individuals screaming NIT as they were leaving Williams arena, so obviously they arent the brightest. Glad to see so many Minnesota kids playing in these games though. Wish we had Wittman and Leuer, Thanks Monson

Part of that cheering was the X fans happy that fellow A10 team Temple had lost. But youre right, the wisky morons at the game were pretty proud of themselves for a moment there.

Glad to see Cornell was able to win the game so I could win my bet that i made in Vegas. One of my only wins on the weekend. Cornell is a good team and Wittman would look good in Maroon and Gold.

Top Bottom