Northern Iowa

bigmwc

Reaction score
Up 49-39 on Kansas with 11:03 to go, going to the line for a 3-point play opportunity.

Ali Farokhmanesh is an animal!

IF

IF N. Iowa pulls this off it has to be the upset of the Century !

Picture all the busted brackets !

:D

UNI chokes in the fcs football playoffs every year, so why not in the big dance..

when Ben Jacobson was at NDSU, he became friends with ben johnson, some good local talent on that bench.

Doogie just tweeted this, I had no idea, former Gopher - Ben Johnson - is an assistant at Northern Iowa.

Thats who I just saw on the sideline. For some reason Adam Boone popped in my head. But definitely Johnson.

Thats who I just saw on the sideline. For some reason Adam Boone popped in my head. But definitely Johnson.

For some reason, people always got them confused. I'm guessing because they were both bi-racial point guards, that played one year after the other.

If UNI wins and KU loses, my bracket is shot. But as a long-time fan of the Missouri Valley Conference, I'd love it!

Northern Iowa is falling apart. KU has scored about 5 points in 10 seconds to bring this thing within 1. If you aren't watching flip on CBS NOW!!!

Ali just hit a big 3! 66-62... 25 seconds or so left, UNI ball after a charge.

aldrich is a pu((( for stayin on the bench the last 6 min wow

Well atleast end's the deaththrows of my bracket.

That was an amazing game. I've never cheered for a team from Iowa that hard before.

That is the Bracket Buster for a lot of people.

Northern Iowa pulled off what your brown cows couldn't do, lakes. What a win for UNI! As Snowman stated, my bracket's cooked, but I don't care what a great win for UNI, the MVC, and overlooked midwest preps!

WOW!

It took serious stones for that guy to even think about shooting in that situation. Then to come up with nothing but net? Simply incredible!!

Cool hand. I hear ya. NDSU almost did it with 1 guy, wish we had some balance.

Kansas is choke city, LOVE IT!!

p.s- NDSU at KANSAS sept 4 for football........hope they keep the 'choking' up!

It's bad enough going home to Kansas. But, this has to be the worse homecoming of all time.

Their coach and St. mary's coach both were so calm today. I love the smile at O'Rear (my new favorite D1 player) after he air-balled a free-throw.

Question for the board:

The mutton chops. Yea or Nah?

I vote Nah.

I vote Yea, when you consider they're worn by a guy who was mixing it up down low with future lottery picks, when he looks like a guy you'd see rambling around campus wearing a ratty bathrobe, a dirty t-shirt, and cargo shorts with a Morgan & Coke in hand, and a one hitter tucked behind his ear. As with beowulftom, he's shot onto my "favorite discoveries of March Madness '10" team.

Top Bottom