Line Up

GopherNation

Reaction score
2010 lineup:

1st line: Cory Joseph, Devoe Joseph, Royce, Trevor, Ralph

2nd line: Nolen, Hoff, Rodney, Carter, Iverson

That's a Big Ten Champion team right there.

2010 lineup:

Good lineup, 2 deep.

But 2 aren't currently Gophers and 2 more aren't eligible to play.

2010 lineup:

Here's hoping that best-case scenerio come true. That would definately be fun to watch. I think Tubby would find a way to get at least 1-2 of the seniors into the starting line-up though.

Worst-case: Tubby leaves. Ralph, Devoe, Carter and Cobbs transfer. Mbakwe and Nolen can't/don't become eligible. White doesn't come back.

Line-up:

JC- PG from left-overs, recruited by new coach
Hoff
Williams
JC-PF from left-overs, recruited by new coach
Iverson

Bench:
JC-PG from left-overs, recruited by new coach
Hollins
Elliason
D. Dawson
Allen

That's a team battling Iowa for last.

Our best-case and worst-case are as far apart as I've ever seen. Here's hoping.

2010 lineup:

1st line: Al, Blake, Royce, Trevor, Colton

2nd line: Cory, Devoe, Rodney, Paul, Ralph

2010 lineup:

1st line: Al, Blake, Royce, Trevor, Colton

2nd line: Cory, Devoe, Rodney, Paul, Ralph

This makes much more sense. There is no way that Ralph simply disappears from the 1st 10 players. I do doubt that Cory will ever be a Gopher. We can hope.

I wonder what Tubby would do if Cory Joseph did come. He would obviously start...so would devoe go to the 2 and blake to the 3..or would devoe hit the bench. I really doubt tubby would bring hoff off the bench.

2010 lineup:

Are we talking starting line up? or police line up?

everyon's talking about Cory. If you looked at the brackets all of the schools that he's considering lost in the first round

everyon's talking about Cory. If you looked at the brackets all of the schools that he's considering lost in the first round

Not sure what your point is, but 3 lost in the first round, Nova just lost in the second and UConn has a game Monday in the second round of the NIT.

Not sure what your point is, but 3 lost in the first round, Nova just lost in the second and UConn has a game Monday in the second round of the NIT.

Guessing here, because 9194Gophs can surely speak for himself, but I was noticing that all four of Cory's "possibles" are out now too. I guess it's sort of encouraging to me in that Villy, TX and UConn don't get any more eyeball time with Cory now.

I wouldn't bet a dollar that we can get him to commit to the UofM, but I like our chances better now than I did a month ago. As it is today, I think that Cory's mom gets to use her veto on UNLV (honestly, what caring mom would want her son to go there when any of the others are a possibility?).

As it stands now, Texas and UConn look like programs heading the wrong direction. And Villy's a hard lineup for a guard to step into.

I don't know . . . .All of sudden I kind of like our chances to land him.

1st five: Blake, Trevor, Cory, Devoe, Ralph
2nd five: Colton, Al, Royce, Rodney, Carter
3rd five: Cobbs, Eliason, Hollins, Allen, Dawson

If all these players are on roster next year, could make for some interesting scrimmages and scrums. The 2nd five I've listed might be better than we were this year.

I'm thinking that we are a slight favorite to land Cory. Anyone else notice how complimentary Tubby has been of Devoe recently. I'm wondering if some of that is posturing for his brother. Hard to say, because Devoe did become a better player and a leader at the end of the year and deserved the kudos. He's still a better 2 guard. No way does Hoff not start. He's a Tubby favorite and does a lot of things well. I'm about 50/50 on whether Royce and/or Tubby will try it again. I'm thinking that Trevor will get his court case behind him and be cleared to play. If he and Royce are both here, they'll battle for a starting spot. Trevor will have the edge, at least at the beginning of the year, because he practiced with the team this year. Royce a better offensive player who could step into starting spot if team needs offense. Cobbs may leave...whether or not Cory signs. Personally, I'd like to see him stay.

Marcus Tweets;

Devoe Joseph needs to watch K-State's Dennis Clemente play. And Blake Hoffarber needs to watch Jacob Pullen. That's what they need to be.

Why can't Gophs backcourt be like K-State? I know their talent isn't at that level yet. But K-State doesn't have true PG. Just shooters

Marcus Tweets;

Devoe Joseph needs to watch K-State's Dennis Clemente play. And Blake Hoffarber needs to watch Jacob Pullen. That's what they need to be.

Why can't Gophs backcourt be like K-State? I know their talent isn't at that level yet. But K-State doesn't have true PG. Just shooters

Gophers had shooters in backcourt, too. Hoffarber 2nd best in nation. Westbrook over 42% from 3-pt FG range. Team (as a whole) shot 40% on 3-pt FG.

We know they can shoot. Our backcourt needs to be like K-State's because they can create off the dribble AND shoot. Clemente and Pullen aren't just shooters.

Top Bottom